Nathan Brown

Oh how I miss Martin Lang. What a ruthless bloke. That hair but! Looked like a racehorse when he got a gallop up haha

A Hodko/Mullo halves combination would have worked well, if we could have ever got the two of them fit at the same time.

I am sure Costigan was a Bennett boy, if he came before Bennett then he had prior knowledge but I think he signed same year or possibly later. Costigan was ok, not great but ok.

Costigan was a great signing at the time based off the price, like 200-220k and that was before he had a barnstorming run in the finals. It was just unlucky (as others have mentioned) he had an unlucky bump with Petero's charging knee in round one. Declined but wasn't a salary cap thief like other signings.
We probably got him cheap because Bennett didn't care what the Dragons cap was like once he left and they were pushing other players out to accomodate Gasniers largely backloaded contract.

If we were to all state what our worst signings would be in recent times, I am sure most of us would say Boyd and Hodkinson.

Gidley easily. I wonder how we would have went if Boyd never came? Considering how poor He and Gidley were and we used Boyd’s money for a halfback.

I remember the forum was pretty divided at the time on Boyd.

I just always thought he was overrated personally, even at the Dragons and it wasn't a player we needed. I would have rathered kept De Gois with that money or even held on to Beau Henry (I know he turned out to be a bit of a lemon, but we certainly didn't do our part to help)

Turns out those that disagreed with the Boyd signing were right ;)

Boyd is the most talented player we've had in the last 15 years until Ponga came along.

Pity he gave about 20% effort in the games he could be bothered playing when not cruising the Mediterranean.

I remember the forum was pretty divided at the time on Boyd.

I just always thought he was overrated personally, even at the Dragons and it wasn't a player we needed. I would have rathered kept De Gois with that money or even held on to Beau Henry (I know he turned out to be a bit of a lemon, but we certainly didn't do our part to help)

Turns out those that disagreed with the Boyd signing were right ;)

Didn't Bennett sack poor Beau twice lol?

Yes, told him to take the Knights offer because it was job security and $$$ security. Signed with the Knights just after and told him he wasnt part of his plans so he shipped him off to the Titans.

#LeftTheClubInGoodShape

If we were to all state what our worst signings would be in recent times, I am sure most of us would say Boyd and Hodkinson.

In hindsight, it was probably Bennett and the bad signings and salary cap mess that came on his watch.

Boyd got our player of the year and did it in second gear.

Boyd is about as one dimensional as they get. Sorry two dimensional. The sweeping Bennett play from 1990 and his runs from the back. Only looks good when a team is playing well and goes missing otherwise. The sign of an overrated player

In hindsight, it was probably Bennett and the bad signings and salary cap mess that came on his watch.

Funny how what Bennett does comes back to a thread about Nathan Brown. If people were doing a list of recruitments in comparison between the two in the circumstances faced itd be a little embarrassing for one of them.

Heck Rick Stone did it with literally zero pull power as a coach and limited resources and got an inferior team to 8th and 10th without two forwards. It’s a shame Bennett’s guys didn’t want to play for him when Bennett and Boyd left

We all know the telecrap is a terrible newspaper but here yet again proving they know nothing about the knights unless it’s copied off someone else reporting on stuff that is six months old making it sound breaking haha

Thanks but we already knew this ages ago

https://outline.com/zuBqYP

Back