Mitch Barnett re-signs with the Knights until the end of 2020

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Kim1ill

Kim1ill David Thorne

He reminds me of one of my other favourite Knight via the Raiders - BK. both cranky animals..

jamesgould and Billy like this.
  2. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I don't even care about losing Tapine anymore. I'm happy with Mitch and he's showing plenty of comittment and potential.

3. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

Tapine is a strange prospect. Its looks as though he could be anything, but doesn't seem to have the motor or attitude to grind and compete the way the best forwards do on a weekly basis

Its probably the reason he hasn't pushed his way into the starting side yet. Because there's no doubt he's got more ability than most of that starting backrow

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Tapine came under the influence of guys like Scott, Boyd, BJ and Willie at the Knights and now only makes an effort if it ups his dollar value.
    The big difference is all those others have done big things before resting on their laurels, and Tapine is just getting away with exploiting his potential.

The moment that sticks in my mind about him is at a reserve grade game he was sent out and after 10 minutes I heard Matt Lantry shout into his two way for the trainer to tell him that if he didn't have a go he was coming off, and the next hit up he actually tried and scored a 15 metre try. He has massive potential, but we are well rid of him.

5. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Barnett's form will have him in consideration for a State of Convenience bench spot if he can stay on the field.

6. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

I hope not member. We need him playing for the knights. He keeps form up and he will deserve to play origin but not just yet.

7. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

Ooooh big call!!!!

Personally I dont think he will get a mention, his form is good but not quite SOO. He will need to play as he did in rnd1 for the next 2 months straight. And that, I reckon, might be too difficult for him.

But if he does manage it, then he definitely deserves to be considered

8. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Hmmm
    Didnt u claim this for Barnett and Sione in the pre-season?

9. Hunterstelvis

Hunterstelvis Banned

if he was selected it would mean we're playing well. The team needs some rep players can only be a good thing for other players considering coming to the club.

10. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Don't think that is 100% correct. Dylan walker got selected and manly were playing poor. Creating a successful side doesn't always include massive names.

11. 88Knight4life

Walker got a run because of Bob Fulton..... that is 100% the only reason he did.

slotmachine likes this.
  12. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

I predicted that Sione would take his game to another level and be considered for origin--the opposite has happened.

I claimed that Barnett was origin potential, but I didn't know he'd do it so soon

13. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Barnett is miles from Origin.

14. Hunterstelvis

Hunterstelvis Banned

Bob Fulton says hello. Yes the games politics helps.

Kenny Powers likes this.
  15. 88Knight4life

By memory ur words were that Sione and Barnett will be top 5 backrowers in the game this yr.... did u not?

Id love it to come true but as i said then and now.... they are miles off a look in.

16. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

No. I said that about Sione. Not Barnett.

I said Barnett has a higher ceiling than Sione

Get it right.

So far, all I'm guilty of is predicting Barnett's rise, and being over enthusiastic about Sione. And that's not to say that Sione won't get better with each game as he adapts to the extra weight, which is a likely scenario. What's your point?

17. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

How did you find that out? Media? Or straight from the horse's mouth?

18. 88Knight4life

My point is someone calls Barnett out as a SOO player u call it a (big call)
    3 months ago u shouted those same calls.... not sure why u now would debate that call?
    Seems weird to me.

19. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

It's true

My uncle has close links with the club, and the blokes running the show. It happened.

20. 88Knight4life

I know for a fact Walker got the call up due to Fulton.... it was a hand shake deal to get walker to Manly in the first place.

Newcastle_knights likes this.