Martial Arts

josh coe

newcastle 2011 premiers
Does anyone else do martial arts.
i do kumiai ryu martial arts, its a combination of all martial arts.
if you do were do you do it and what belt are you on.
 
well its a quote from step bros. I don't actually do any self defence, however I am a fan of the ol' baseball bat to the head, ala de niro in the untouchables.
 
I do MMA training at the uni on Monday & Thursday nights!

We run a stand up/kickboxing class on Monday and a Ground fighting class on Thursday, classes are run by an active Mixed Martial Arts Fighter.
 
Does anyone else do martial arts.
i do kumiai ryu martial arts, its a combination of all martial arts.
if you do were do you do it and what belt are you on.

Ive been waiting for a martial arts thread to appear on here for ages, its awesome to see novocastrins training in martial arts.

I'm a martial arts instructor for Go-Kan-Ryu it is a combination of the traditional Japanese styles Goju- Ryu developed by Kanryo Higashionna and Shotokan developed by Gichin Funakoshi.

Goju-Ryu promotes a very strong, soft and slow technique whilst Shotokan promotes a very hard and fast technique. The combination of these two styles ensures Go-Kan-Ryu is a very well balanced, ying/yang style promoting both hard and soft technique.

I find very interesting in speaking to other students from all styles to see how each style suits the individual and their martial arts journey.
 
Yeah i think anderson will win but want belfort to win, im going griffin to beat franklin and bader to beat jones.
Not long till 127 and cant wait
 
I am thinking at least one upset, in either the Anderson v Belfort fight or the Griffin v Franklin.

Franklin would have to be the underdog due to him just moving up to this division but he can land heaps of punches so I am going to pick him by decision.

Bones would be best served trying to jab his way out of a fight with Bader and avoid the takedowns. Although if this goes to decision it could backfire as the judges love a good wrestler.

As for Belfort v Anderson, I still think this fight is too soon, Belfort beat Franklin, but in recent history the list of opponents he has faced are not even close to the standard of this guy, he has one hope and that is to knock Anderson out, can this happen? Who knows, there is so much mystery surrounding this fight I cannot wait.

If Franklin doesn’t get the upset and Bones destroys Bader as everyone expects I think the upset will come in the main event and we will have ourselves a new middleweight champion.
 
Oh and KID will knock Johnson out.

This is actually a fight I am really excited about, gald the UFC have not just ran with the WEC roster and have gone out and signed some talented 135's.

I agree KID by KO

It's free on facebook aswell.

Also Omigawa fighting, has some notable fighters on his record.

Dream are loosing a fair chunk of talent hey?
 
Last edited:
I say forrest griffin ko first round and silva ko'd second round.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Ive been waiting for a martial arts thread to appear on here for ages, its awesome to see novocastrins training in martial arts.

I'm a martial arts instructor for Go-Kan-Ryu it is a combination of the traditional Japanese styles Goju- Ryu developed by Kanryo Higashionna and Shotokan developed by Gichin Funakoshi.

Goju-Ryu promotes a very strong, soft and slow technique whilst Shotokan promotes a very hard and fast technique. The combination of these two styles ensures Go-Kan-Ryu is a very well balanced, ying/yang style promoting both hard and soft technique.

I find very interesting in speaking to other students from all styles to see how each style suits the individual and their martial arts journey.
Yes i love how martial arts can make something that seems impossible do able. Kumiai ryu is a mix of traditional karate and kick boxing. it was founded more then 20 years ago by kyoshi kevin blundell. I love doing it as it makes me more confident in myself and also it has made me stronger and fitter. It like all Martial arts brings disipline to my life and teaches me not to fight but to show self control and then if all other avenues are exhausted then fight back.
i am currently in training to become an assistant instructor which i am very happy about. were abouts are the locations of Goju-Ryu Dojos?
 
Dang, was pretty shattered after that great KO though, Bones was impressive but he won't challenge Shogun imo.
 
Dang, was pretty shattered after that great KO though, Bones was impressive but he won't challenge Shogun imo.

It was a great kick. I think the jones thing is a strange choice, but it will sell.

What did you think of the Franklin griffin fight? Looks like they both broke and arm/elbow
 
Just finishing watching couldnt watch it live my nephew was working and i had to wait for him lol!!
Griffin is back baby i was really impressed with him considering it had been so long between fights for him and before the fight i honestly thought he wouldnt be able to put a performance like that in.
I was scared of Jones getting Bader on the ground i thought he had him in the first round when baders face was purple.
How good was that kick to the face?? silva was awesome
I was impressed by paul taylor that kick was aggressive.
I cant stand Kim Winslow anyone else agree??
 
Back
Top