Knights sign Andrew McCullough for rest of the season

I hope Willie is right and the guy wasn't getting on with his coach and needs a fresh start.
We might get some good footy out of him if that's true.
We probably won't get much out of him if the Broncs have let him go on form.

I watch most of the Brisbane games, and he was one of the best hookers getting around. But last season he went pretty bad, he looked a different player and his head just didn’t seem in it. I think he will have a big year and then sign elsewhere. Maybe dogs or something.

fluked that last post. Why wouldn’t he go there now but?

Yeah, doesn't make much sense to come out now. He's only just signed with us. Can't blame him if he's thinking ahead for next year though. If the Dogs are offering a multi year deal, it'd be hard not to lock that in early as a player IMO.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense to come out now. He's only just signed with us. Can't blame him if he's thinking ahead for next year though. If the Dogs are offering a multi year deal, it'd be hard not to lock that in early as a player IMO.

bad signing for the dogs. Well I doubt he will be in high demand, and you’d want to see how he fairs with us as far as injuries go.

it’s like the Dogs have seen us sign him and thought that’s a good idea.

I just read that he signed with us for this season with an option for next year it didn't say in who's favour .

Has an option with Brisbane for 2021. He's only here for the rest of the year.
The 30-year old has played 260 NRL games to date - all of which have been with the Broncos - but has taken up a one-year deal with the Knights, with an option for a second year.

Yeah it's not clear to me who the option is with. It would be unusual for a player to be released from a contract for part of its term and still retain an option. If he still has an option with Brisbane, then it could have been a player loan to us for 2020 (his contract would remain on foot then), rather than a contractual release. Having the option at Brisbane also doesn't sit with the language the Broncos have used thanking McCullough for his services etc - seems very final to me. Could be wrong though.

but has taken up a one-year deal with the Knights, with an option for a second year. I think that is a year with an option in his favour for another and I would bet there is no option at the Bronco's now .

Interesting that the Broncos have conceded over 80 points in two games since his departure. Perhaps something that's flown under the radar with his defence and not being afraid to go in there and make heaps of tackles?
Compared to some of the other players in that side, hmmm

Back