Knights release Jesse Ramien

Michael Hagan and Mal Meninga did a great job with Qld for a very long time, and are now doing a great job for Australia.
Mal gets all the glory, but you only have to watch Mal talk for 2 minutes to know who the brains of that outfit is.
Don't let him near the salary cap because he wants to pay everyone twice what they are worth, but all the great gameplans that had NSW losing for a decade had trademark Hages stamped all over them, and a rookie coach could use that sort of football smarts as a sounding board.

Honestly though, Gardner just needs to shut up and announce things as they happen. He has gone from not saying anything, to reacting to media calls for him to explain himself and gone in to overdrive.

Why talk about a potential mentor for the new coach, when he also says it depends on what the new coach wants, which we haven't settled yet by the way, but here we are in the news stating we are considering saddling the new guy with a "second guesser" if the new guy has no NRL experience (clearly talking O'Brien). Way to signal to the new guy he's on training wheels before he even gets here.

Oh, and we're keen to talk to Ramien, we were always going to upgrade and extend him honest, and if Ramien wants to we will talk, but the new coach will be involved in those discussions, which we don't have a clue who that is, so why is gardner flapping his gums about Ramien then? The new coach might not want his supposed bad attitude at the club.

Just shut up Gardner, clearly you know who the coach is, stop talking yourself around in circles, you aren't good at it.

Upgrade Ramien lol, yeah he’s shown he needs an upgrade. I have no doubt he will do well else where

Honestly though, Gardner just needs to shut up and announce things as they happen. He has gone from not saying anything, to reacting to media calls for him to explain himself and gone in to overdrive.

Why talk about a potential mentor for the new coach, when he also says it depends on what the new coach wants, which we haven't settled yet by the way, but here we are in the news stating we are considering saddling the new guy with a "second guesser" if the new guy has no NRL experience (clearly talking O'Brien). Way to signal to the new guy he's on training wheels before he even gets here.

Oh, and we're keen to talk to Ramien, we were always going to upgrade and extend him honest, and if Ramien wants to we will talk, but the new coach will be involved in those discussions, which we don't have a clue who that is, so why is gardner flapping his gums about Ramien then? The new coach might not want his supposed bad attitude at the club.

Just shut up Gardner, clearly you know who the coach is, stop talking yourself around in circles, you aren't good at it.
This has been concerning for me. If you remember when Wests took over all their talk was they were taking over the business side of the club, and the 'football advisory committee' was to look after footy matters. Gardner is sticking his toe into areas which he shouldn't be, particularly this week when he said he wish he'd overruled Brown re Ramien (that's concerning that the CEO is wanting to rule on players above the coach). Remember Gardner was meant to be a temporary CEO, I feel he is getting too hands on in an area hes not qualified in

Remember Gardner was meant to be a temporary CEO, I feel he is getting too hands on in an area hes not qualified in

He seems to be. The language he uses is a concern to me.

Buderus has walked from the advisory comittee. That speaks volumes.

This has been concerning for me. If you remember when Wests took over all their talk was they were taking over the business side of the club, and the 'football advisory committee' was to look after footy matters. Gardner is sticking his toe into areas which he shouldn't be, particularly this week when he said he wish he'd overruled Brown re Ramien (that's concerning that the CEO is wanting to rule on players above the coach). Remember Gardner was meant to be a temporary CEO, I feel he is getting too hands on in an area hes not qualified in

Kinda reminds me of when Tinkler mandated we had to sign Snowden at all costs. Not exactly a great investment or in the team's best interest.

If Ramien wants to reconsider and stay, sure. But no way does he deserve an upgrade. Give him a performance-based contract and put the onus on him to prove he's worth it. I'd rather see Hunt get an upgrade and a couple more seasons and put some cash aside for when 1 November rolls around.

No way Ramien is signing a performance based contract, your kidding yourself.

Another club will pick him up and he will no doubt be a gun for them.

No way Ramien is signing a performance based contract, your kidding yourself.

Another club will pick him up and he will no doubt be a gun for them.

I wouldn't expect him to sign a performance-based contract at all, that wasn't a serious thought. But based on what he dished up this year that's all I'd be happy to see him offered at this stage.

Absolutely no doubt he'll have a long and successful career. just disappointed it wasn't in red and blue. He turned out to be Jack Bird 2.0 at Newcastle.

Go one of two ways, he'll be a 1 hit wonder and do nothing for the Sharks.

Or he'll carve it up and than what happens when his still on $500k and a star origin player, sour grapes again?

The Sharks potentially shopping Dugan and/or Morris around may not be enough to make them salary cap compliant to accomodate Ramien's four year deal going forward even though they are allegedly compliant for 2020.

Gotta love the BS political agendas from the clowns at Fox Sports Kent/Hooper, all because Buzz is a Sharks fan and they can do no wrong.

The Knights are disgrace because they sacked an underperforming coach, but the Sharks have a 'remarkable ability' to handle adversity despite the fact they are drug cheats and salary cap cheats and copped a slap on the wrist for it all. And worst of all they are pushing for the disgraced coach who orchestrated it all to be back in the NRL ASAP.

Back