Josh Reynolds

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by daniels, Jun 4, 2019.

1. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

No utility half coming from a winning/premiership contending team like the Roosters is going to come to the wooden spooners for less then then 500k that’s the way I see it.
    Reynolds probably needed a change but he isn’t the type of guy to add wins for us the way a player like Pearce or Ponga would.

That goes for any team for that matter not just us. And I guess that applies to Watson. But he was bought in also because none of our halves here were first grade standard and those that barely were were injured or serving a suspension for testing positive for banned substances.

It was just unfortunate he (Reynolds) got injured and never really settled in at the club with coaching changes etc.

On the other hand if he kills it for the Tigers no one questions the price just like no one questions us overpaying for Ponga. Could have worked with Brooks being the true halfback of the team but now we’ll never know what could have been.

I didn’t really get the signing because he was perfectly suited to Des ball but that’s a different topic altogether.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

He didn't win a premiership

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We need a backup playmaker who can keep us winning if Pearce is out - or we need to buy a half decent fullback and let Ponga get up to speed as a match winning playmaker.
    At the moment, Lino is our only spare playmaker, and he is not going to win us many games.

4. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Fixed

5. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

I don't agree he's the same player as Connor because I see Connor as a hooker not a 5/8 (but I can understand the comment)

Looking at our squad regarding the interest in Brailey, possible interest in Reynolds and regarding retention of Levi & Griffin I'd rather keep Levi & play Connor as a 9, so that's our hooker spot sorted which means I'm not keen on Brailey.

Reynolds for 800K (which is reportedly what he's on) no thanks, but if Tigers were to take half his freight for next season then Reynolds for 400K sounds a lot better. If he can stay fit it would be worth it, but that's a big if, and once his current deal runs out and Tigers stop paying half his deal I doubt he'd stay for 400k and I wouldn't feel comfortable paying too much more.

I'm not sold on Mann being our long term 6, and I'd rather leave Watson at 9, so when it comes to replacing Griffin I'd rather buy a 5/8 then buy Brailey.

Wobbles likes this.
  6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Watson reminds me of Jake Mamo tbh.
    Plenty of effort, speed, vision, but the rest is way off the pace for nrl footy.
    Passing, kicking, errors, are major problems for a guy trying to be in the spine and on 550k

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I don't know where Watson's best position is, but I do know that moving him every week has made him just OK in every position, and he needs to spend a whole season in one spot and learn what works and what doesn't work for him, and he'd get better every week.
    Just like Sione, just because he is prepared to have a go at any position doesn't mean moving him around is good for his game.

8. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    5 wins in a row and people still bagging Watson and Mann who were huge parts of our success. Nothing changes here. Top 4 still grizzling.

Ethan, packo and knightime like this.
  9. 88Knight4life

Define bagging for me

10. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

It would be awesome if our players got an off-season and a season in one possition to develop.
    For example,
    Sione; off season Edge, has played centre & edge, now he is at lock.
    Watson: off season at Fuulback, has played fullback, 5/8, utility, now hooker.
    Mann: off season hooker, has played full back, 14, now at 5/8.
    Ponga; off season 5/8, now the best or 2nd best fullback in the comp.

11. knightime

knightime Todd Anderson

The results are all that matters, and they're very good at the moment.

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Pretty sure Watson is on around 400k. The Tigers offered him close 600 iirc.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  13. 88Knight4life

1.55mil over 3yrs.
    Im sure the club front loaded it last year though as we had the funds

14. Lord of the Skraelings

At a self checkout placing your items in preferably a reusable echo friendly bag for transportation of your goods home.

daniels, Treadly, Matty23 and 2 others like this.
  15. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Watson has found his position at hooker

Been saying it for ages

Wobbles likes this.
  16. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

So what they are all playing well no matter what position they are playing in ...

17. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Leave Mann at 6 and Watson at 9 until Danny comes back and worry about it then ...It was always going to be like this , find everyone's best positions and then get them to gel there ..

Defender1 likes this.
  18. Ak-47

Ak-47 Darren Forward

Not sure about Reynolds, having said that his energy with team mate/friend Klemmer could spark even more energy for us.
    Personaly if with looking at signing an playmaker I rather go after Tyrone Roberts I think he is play well for Titans and always supported his move to Gold coast. Looks like the new environment and more nrl experience has done him good. I think Tyrone will get better the older he gets. Just have to look at Pearce playing better form then he ever was at Roosters at the age of 30.

19. Lord of the Skraelings

I've said it a 1000 times why do we need another playmaker we already have Pearce than Ponga doing all the organising do we need a third hand? Would be nice as a backup but if anything a third hand at the wheel would be a negative. On top of that we have quite a few players who can make something out of nothing already........ Would rather spend the money on an actual long term 9. Hopefully that Brailey is the man if we sign him.

20. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

If we are going with Pearce and Ponga as our sole playmakers, meaning Watson will play at 5/8 as a ball runner, we may as well stack the right side with tacklebots to defend against most teams strong left attack.

With Pearce on the left, and Pongs overwhelmingly preferring the left, the ball won't see much time on the right. With Barnett on the right side I have noticed him taking the ball with a good opportunity on out wide but he tucks the ball and runs it instead. Both of them together out there and Ramien might as well put up a hammock in attack.

Personally, I'd rather a proper 5/8 to give us another side of the field to attack, another kicking option can't help either.