joey won't say sorry

bubbles

Dan Tolar
read an article that joey wrote he said he won't say sorry and if anyone should be apologising its the touchie have to say I agree i know you guys have discussed this but come on we all say things in the heat of battle Joeys been criticised this season for not being passionate enough or barking at his team suddenly we get the old Joey back and everyones all over him

Here is the article....

I won't say sorry
By Joey Johns

August 13, 2006 12:00

I WILL not be apologising to touch judge Matt Cecchin for what I said in the final minute of our loss to Manly on Friday night.

If anyone should be apologising, it is him.

Let me say here and now that what I said wasn't directed at him and the language I used was heat of the moment stuff.

People will criticise me for swearing even though we are all guilty of it and that's fine. I'll just haveto wear that.

But emotion is something I can't turn on and off like a tap.

It was a huge game for both sides with so muchat stake - and it was a crucial call at the death that went against us.

Every man and his dog at the game knew Steve Matai played at that ball.
Matt was two metres away from it.

We should have been given the scrum feed and we might have had time for another two or three shots at their line.

Okay, so it may not have been enough.

Manly were outstanding, particularly in defence, and I have nothing but admiration for the way that they turned up to play.

We still might not have won the game, but we shouldn't have been denied the opportunity, either.

People will argue I'm the captain and I should be setting an example. Well, as captain, I'm responsible for all my players and we were all blowing up.

It's an emotional sport.

People say it is just a game. Tell that to all the players who train their backsides off for three months before the season starts and put their bodies on the line, week after week through the season.

We are well paid but a lot of the fans don't get to see the sacrifices players make.

It's funny. Mid-season when I was in a bit of a slump mentally, I was being criticised for not showing enough emotion and for seeming disinterested. I was criticisedfor not yelling instructions and barking out ordersand for not being my normal exuberant self.

Now I am under the pump for letting my emotions take over on Friday night. If the game'sadministration want to make an example of me,I guess there is not a lotI can do about it.

They will probably argue that no matter what the circumstance, I should have controlled myself better.

All I can say to that is that I am not a robot.

I don't have iced water running through my veins - and if I am guilty of anything, it is that I wear my heart on my sleeve.

It wasn't frustration on Friday night.

It was a passionate captain who desperately wanted to win a crucial game of football.
And I'm not going to apologise for that.

It's ridiculous that he gets criticised for being passionate! He shouldn't have to apologise!

I agree, he shouldn't apologise, if what he say's is right and it wasn't directed at him, then he shouldn't have to aplolgise. I have no problems with them swearing on the field, as long as it's not directed at the offical.

That's exactly what i was trying to say in all the debates in the other threads.
Good on Joey, it's things like this why i admire blokes like him and Buderus.
He has nothing to apologise for.

It doesn't look like it was directed at the touchie on the replay ... all this media hoopla is a disgrace.

jamesgould said:
It doesn't look like it was directed at the touchie on the replay ... all this media hoopla is a disgrace.
That's what I thought when I saw it again, I could have sworn (pardon the pun) that he had turned away from the ref when he said it.

It could've been directed at anyone! So... now that he's officially been charged how much is everyone willing to put in for that assasin....?

If it's not more than $200 then I'm sold! That's all I've got at the moment.... if we're quick... maybe we can get them all before the hearing on Wednesday night!

One way is fine. Its too cold here for me, I will just be a hobo underneath a brdge somewhere. :D So I looked at flights, I can be there by Wednesday for sure! Heres the details (a little expensive though)

Freedom Air
One Way Fare Adult Web NZ$319.00
Wed, 16 Aug 06
Flight SJ 773 3:10 PM Depart Dunedin
4:30 PM Arrive Sydney

:lol:

I'm sure I can find the extra funds somewhere... Hey, guys.... anyone want to pay for seabass' ticket over here :p

Back