Jarryd Hayne

I don't want to think what our chances are but at least they are thinking big.

So much for not having any money.

I don't want to think what our chances are but at least they are thinking big.

So much for not having any money.

They'd have to let tariq and rochow go and hope nrl kicks in the 'war chest' . Still then he'd still would have to want to come. Nsw Waratahs and roosters can probably offer more anyway

We are definitely a hard sell at the moment for any players, let alone a legitimate star! But at least we asked the question!

We can't afford an average player at the moment, let along a bloke who would want the largest ever contract in Rugby League history!!! I think who ever wrote this is dreaming :doh:

Considering we had already approached him last yr with a 3.5mil offer for 3yrs I'd say we would find another 150k if needed.
Aldo Haynes is the type of Name that tpa would come from everywhere to get him here.

I think everyone here has hit the nail on the head. Highly unlikely but proud of the bold move by management to at least approach him

Even if we were to put forward a fairly big deal, and we somehow managed to get him, is it really worth it? Hayne was a great player, but it'll be 2 years since he last played, you don't even know what he'll be like after that time.

ATM he could take 5yrs off not train at all and still be better then our whole back line.
The guy is a freak and has gone on to train like never before.. He would be coming back bigger faster stronger then he ever has been.

Hayne would pay for himself.
If a rich guy in Newcastle is looking to gain a million dollar a year in publicity - shelling out a million for a third party agreement for Hayne to play for the Knights would do it.
He has close to the highest profile in Australian sport right not - let alone RL or the Knights.

Spot on Billy!
Newcastle city council could cough up the money to help them get some friends!, i for one hate them atm lol.

for those with short memories - SBW basically paid for himself at the roosters because of his high profile and ability to attract third party agreements.
The bad news is that Hayne can do that at any club - including Parra. All he would cost any club would be an 80k minimum contract.

Don't get excited guys. If another NFL Club does not express interest, talks have been held between Politis, Hayne and his manager. Who else do you think could afford him except the latté set and fit him just under the cap?

Back