Curtis Scott

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Wobbles, May 7, 2019.

1. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    You’d hope Brown learns from that failure of an experiment. Ponga shouldn’t be anywhere near the number 6 jersey for 5 years at least.

EASBay17 likes this.
  2. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Who’s that?

3. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Russell Wyer

Garbage Man
    Overrated ...someone say josh pappali? ....always good without being great

4. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow. Led the U18’s comp for tries and then scores 3 in his first U20’s game. Not 18 till September I believe. Moves just like a young GI.

Jaybro likes this.
  5. knightime

knightime Matt White

Sounds like he'll be a great player to watch in future.

6. Speedymetric

Speedymetric Jake Mamo

Seems to be a growing trend for NRL clubs to target kids who have received Rugby Union scholarships and had private schooling. Ponga, Watson, Keary, Crichton, Su'a, Croft, Taukamo, Doueihi, Roache, Kata, Milne, Moeroa etc & now Tabuai-Fidow all signing with NRL clubs from private schools. Makes sense I suppose, the clubs seeing the benefits of the private education & regimen/discipline of the boarding school.

Not sure too many Knights if any have come through Newcastle Grammar School which is our closest fit to any GPS school.

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Farrer school near Tamworth is one of the top Rugby League schools and just out of our area, but for some reason we only get a few lower grade players from there, and none have gone very well.

8. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Just did a search and Mitch Henderson, the number 6 in out title winning Mathews side last week, is in year 10 at Farrer.

9. Speedymetric

Speedymetric Jake Mamo

I think Hayden Loughrey and Jack Cameron both went to Farrer too, but you're right I can't remember too many that went on after juniors to any great heights.

10. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Farrer kids generally go back to the family farm and work the land or on to UNE to do an agriculture degree, and footie seems to be a low priority.

In the 70's and 80's my son played University Shield etc with Armidale High School, and Farrer were always the stumbling block. Big healthy kids from hulking wheat and helping on the farm.

R_A and Speedymetric like this.
  11. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Being from Tamworth the rivalry between Tamworth High and Farrer was always massive

Tamworth High had a golden period in the 60s and 70s when they were coached by Roy Masters and then Ron Surtees who was the coach for 30+ years

Great Rugby League nursery in the North West