Cory Denniss

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

Whats your opinion now? Still saying he hasn't shown anything?

For mine the last few weeks he has really stepped up his game. For the price we would be getting him for we would be stupid not to get him on the books.

This kid is another case of a player not coming in to grade with us an instant superstar and he is thrown on the scrap heap. All our juniors should hit 1st grade like kalyn Ponga or they can go play somewhere else.

Lefty likes this.
  2. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    He has improved for mine Kurriboy but still only reggies value.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Yes he should still be LEARNING the trade in reggies, though he has definitely shown of late that he isnt far away from a consistent nrl centre.
    Keep him i say, still needs to gain 3-4kg in the legs and shoulders imo, he'll be a beast if that happens

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The odd thing about Denniss is that he trained with the top squad all pre season because Moga was out injured and in the opposed sessions his combinations with Fitz, Ponga an Ross made that side of the field deadly.
    When Moga came back it all turned to ****.
    Denniss went back to reserve grade and wasn't putting in at all. He was crap in reserve grade
    They must have decided to give him a chance at firstgrade because of his pre season form because he didn't earn it on reserve grade form, and he is just getting back to how he looked in pre season now.

5. kurtsux

kurtsux Adrian Bubb

I think we'd be silly not to offer him a new deal. He's getting better each game and has come leaps and bounds in defence. Great injury cover for Moga or Ramien next year.

6. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

When denniss played with Ross last year they seemed to make a lot of things happen in attack. Corey's attack has suffered a lot but his defence has improved tenfold. If he could get stronger and a touch bigger and reclaim his attacking prowess while keeping his defence on the up he could be anything.

7. Joel

Joel Touche...

Salary cap speaking, Denniss > Ross easily for me with Lee on the wing and Sio maybe in reserves it makes it a no brainer.

8. Simon Templar

Simon Templar David Fa'alogo

Project Manager
    Surely Sione has that spot covered ahead of Denniss, for mine sign Deniss to Reggie’s for back up depth only.

9. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Signing Denniss makes sense, need depth and no matter what some may think of him as a player he would be good back up especially now having had a good stint in firsts. The backs in reserves performed very ordinary with Hughes a possible exception so to strengthen our team along with new buys we need to sign the better reserve graders, let the rest go, Naden, Allwood, Cronan etc, look to promoting u20's players if no further signings, such as Andrews, Musgrove, Gibbs etc.

10. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Sione moving to the forwards. Moga left centre, Ramien right. With Lee coming on board we have SKD, Ross, Deniss and Sio fighting for one spot. Ross, SKD and Denniss can all cover centre. Plus the club are looking to sign another outside back.

11. Simon Templar

Simon Templar David Fa'alogo

Project Manager
    Slots , we keep hearing this but where Fitz and Guerra are by far our best 2nd row choice selection, this leaves only hooker or bench forward/ centre utility, unless you think he can fill in the Lock position

12. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Moga might not be fit, Denniss and Sio not signed, Sione has been preferred at centre over SKD and Ross so for mine it's SKD, Ramien, Sione/Moga. Lee for wing/centre and if Moga fit and well Sione to bench to cover backs and 2nd row.Denniss and Sio, if signed, can join Ross in reserves as good back up.

13. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Don't tell me, tell the coach who keeps saying it's what's happening

14. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Once a player has played half a season in first grade they’re not as keen to sit in reggies, I feel Dennis is being told he’ll likely still be a back up and he’s looking for better money and a chance at a starting spot

15. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

For what it's worth, Denniss and Ponga seem to work really well together. In the pre season they seemed to always be looking for each other in attack, and when Ponga played 5/8 they seemed to work together in defence really well.
    They are the two youngest in the side and both country kids, so it wouldn't surprize me if they are friends.

16. ImissVuna

ImissVuna James Goulding

We desperately lack speed. Can't wait for Ramien to arrive, I think back to our backline to 2013 and it sucks because this year our backline didn't really put any fear into opposition. For what it's worth I agree with keeping Dennis but purely for depth

17. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ponga, Watson, Pearce, have plenty of toe, not havingbthembon the field more than 3 times was the biggest issue this year.

18. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Scott Conley

Asset Manager
    What he said

19. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Scott Conley

Asset Manager
    He’s been better
    For mine he’d be 5th choice centre next year. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years he can be more consistent and show something at NRL level.

20. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

Certainly still only Reggies quality But we would be stupid not to sign him, he is showing promise and I think if he adds a bit more muscle to his frame he could turn in to a very damaging ball running centre.