Cameron Smith

McKinnon was clearly screaming he couldn't feel his arms and legs and prone on the ground.
Then neither him or McLean contacted Alex until shamed by 60 minutes and to my knowledge McLean still hasn't.

Not entirely true, McKinnon said McClean contacted him several weeks maybe a couple of months after the incident. Which is fine. I dont think either guy is in the right frame of mind to be making contact with one another so soon. The 60 minutes thing was done much later then that. Even if it was filmed in advance over a period of time.

I do agree the way 60 minutes presented the whole thing could have been done better but when we look at the numbers the Storm were up by like 10 or so leading into half time and the penalty and break in play was already there. Hardly any reason for Smith to be yapping off to the ref in what was 100% an illegal tackle as Wayne Bennett pointed out multiple times after the thing happened.
It's ironic with all the talk of the Storm's dirty tactics the first really serious injury in the modern game of NRL was involving the Melbourne Storm.

Anyway with all the off-topic talk about history Smith isn't uprooting his life anywhere but Brisbane to play for a season and then retire after that...

They have recently changed the rules so players can join squads till just before finals and only get paid for a few months.

Remember Billy ESL did it so Joey could play in the play offs. BS move for mine that just weakens the salary cap. Chooks, Storm, Donkeys will 'just have room under the cap' to sign stars.

Not sure if I've relayed this story on here already, apologies if I have. I took the family on holidays to Fiji a few years back. We were in a little ice cream shop making the kids happy, when in walked Cameron and his kids. I was doing my best with the bile that had suddenly hit the back of my tongue when my missus started elbowing me. "Isn't that...", she asked. "Yeah. "Well why don't you say gday". My reply was, "mummy taught me if I can't say something nice to someone, don't say anything at all".

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not sure if I've relayed this story on here already, apologies if I have. I took the family on holidays to Fiji a few years back. We were in a little ice cream shop making the kids happy, when in walked Cameron and his kids. I was doing my best with the bile that had suddenly hit the back of my tongue when my missus started elbowing me. "Isn't that...", she asked. "Yeah. "Well why don't you say gday". My reply was, "mummy taught me if I can't say something nice to someone, don't say anything at all".

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Love this!

Back