Blake Ferguson

Weren’t we looking at offering him 3 years plus a role off-field as well? Still pretty confident seeing as he came to us instead of the other way around.

If he is looking to move, and you would think given he approached us, he is, then I think we will get him.

Another year on the deal gives him security, he has mates at the club so a much easier choice.

I'm sure he has been waiting on the Roosters offer to see how it compares, just waiting on the announcement now.

You would have to think crowd support factors in also, play at the roosters in front of bugger all, or play at newy in front of 20,000 routinely.

Sio will be here next year in reggies. Club is looking to extend both he and Denniss.

Ferguson would be good but getting the feeling he is shopping himself around to get his offers up for final big contract
That is the player market and you can't blame them for that....maybe, in this instance he is looking to use other club offers to up the ante on what we may be offering. That is quite the opposite on what has been happening over the past few years with players using us as leverage to up their $$$ where they really want to go.

The two things in our favour are that he approached us and also that Brown and Mooney (and Gardiner) have shown themselves to be shrewd enough not to be offering overs when they consider it too rich.

I'd be happy to see Ferguson here if Brown and Mooney make the offer that suits us best.

I don't have a problem with it. He's an older player talking to multiple clubs to get his last big contract. Whoever offers the best deal, he'll take up & commit to the club's cause. Whether we offer the best deal or not is up to Brown & Mooney, & we know they'll put together something they find reasonable & won't screw us over because we know just how hard they've worked the last 3 years just to get the salary cap right & the balance of the squad right.

I'm skeptical about three years but if its something that doesn't break the bank then fair game.

I don't have a problem with it. He's an older player talking to multiple clubs to get his last big contract. Whoever offers the best deal, he'll take up & commit to the club's cause. Whether we offer the best deal or not is up to Brown & Mooney, & we know they'll put together something they find reasonable & won't screw us over because we know just how hard they've worked the last 3 years just to get the salary cap right & the balance of the squad right.
He is only 28 which surprised me he has been around for so long

That shopping around, Frank, is precisely what managers do.

Of course it is nothing to do with their commission I expect!!!

Back