Beau Scott staying?

Hearing word that with the eels salary cap trouble the deal between them and beau Scott has fallen through, if so I like our chances of him staying... The other option is back to the dragons which would be their replacement for merrin but I think its even money him staying now?
 
He won't stay. He didn't leave because he wanted to play for Parra, he left for his son. So logically if Parra fall through he will just sign with another Sydney club.
 
Parra aren't in financial trouble for next year, the salary cap issues were from the past. He and Foran will still be in Parra, and like countryroad said, even if it falls through he won't stay here, he'll sign elsewhere in Sydney.
 
No chance of staying, He needs to move for family reasons

And as said above, If it's not with the Eels it will be with another Sydney club
 
Hearing word that with the eels salary cap trouble the deal between them and beau Scott has fallen through, if so I like our chances of him staying... The other option is back to the dragons which would be their replacement for merrin but I think its even money him staying now?

For valid reasons he does not want to be here and as such I don't want him here.
 
Call me a b*st*rd but I think his boy's plight provided a convenient out. The dates in the fluff piece by Toohey about Scott don't add up.

"Noah Scott has not yet turned two"

"having a couple of years left to run on his current contract."

"Noah has six-monthly X-rays"

"Noah is going to need his first leg lengthening surgery when he turns four"

So X-rays and a visit to the specialist every six months and the possibility of an operation after Scott's contract was up. Yeah, call me a b*st*rd but it just doesn't add up for me.
 
Call me a b*st*rd but I think his boy's plight provided a convenient out. The dates in the fluff piece by Toohey about Scott don't add up.

"Noah Scott has not yet turned two"

"having a couple of years left to run on his current contract."

"Noah has six-monthly X-rays"

"Noah is going to need his first leg lengthening surgery when he turns four"

So X-rays and a visit to the specialist every six months and the possibility of an operation after Scott's contract was up. Yeah, call me a b*st*rd but it just doesn't add up for me.
If he wants out there is no reason to keep him, but it isn't like Newcastle is a million miles from medical care.
We have orthopedic surgeons - like the guy who looks after all the Knights for example - and even if he needs a paediatric specialist who won't work outside Sydney, it's only a 3 hour drive away.
I think it's convienient for both Scott and the club to put it down to this, rather than have a big public conversation about him either not wanting to live in Newcastle or not being happy with the club. It's much easier to say personal reasons like this.
 
Okay you are a b*st*rd if that's what you wanted?

The Eels salary problems go back to Tricky Ricky sacking so many players whilst they were still under contract forcing the Eels to meet quite a share of their salary at new clubs. Who knows if they will be able to get around things by february? Foran, Scott, Hopoate and Whatmough would all have to be on big bucks.
 
Can we stop this talk about Beau? I agree, on the money he is getting I don't see why he can't take the time to travel to Sydney. I mean people on 15% of what he gets paid have these serious family problems arise seem to somehow make it work. But none of us are in the position he is in. You don't know what each family goes through when these things happen.

It's funny how some people act though - I for one think Beau has done everything he possibly could for this club, and has been one of our finest clubmen in the small time he has represented us. Though, still he announces he is leaving short of his contract and he gets run through the dirt like Darius. Who to this day I think was just looking for a way out. I support mental health and the struggles these people go through, and everyone recovers at different rates. Mental health or not, look at Darius, BJ and Beau and tell me who you think has worn our colours with the most pride.
 
There hasn't been a lot wrong with Leilua's effort on the field since he's been here. Boyd was our player of the year in 2013 and Boyd came good after a quiet start. It's easy to blame players I'm more interested in knowing why so many want to leave. I agree with some of the above comments re Scott. He 's been good and if he has to go sobeit but Parramatta is 1 hour 56 minutes down the road.
 
Call me a b*st*rd but I think his boy's plight provided a convenient out. The dates in the fluff piece by Toohey about Scott don't add up.

"Noah Scott has not yet turned two"

"having a couple of years left to run on his current contract."

"Noah has six-monthly X-rays"

"Noah is going to need his first leg lengthening surgery when he turns four"

So X-rays and a visit to the specialist every six months and the possibility of an operation after Scott's contract was up. Yeah, call me a b*st*rd but it just doesn't add up for me.

I was thinking this when I first heard, 2 hours is a stones throw away. That's why I made the comment about how hard the people in the bush must do it, they drive 3-4 hours before the even start getting anywhere.
Also, even though it's unfortunate what the poor little tacker has wrong, I was surprised that that's all it was with the media beat up that went with it.
Never mind though, regardless of reasons, he's moving on & we should too. I'm just thankful that he came & was part of our club & appreciate the pride & passion that he's shown while wearing the blue & red.
 
Call me a b*st*rd but I think his boy's plight provided a convenient out. The dates in the fluff piece by Toohey about Scott don't add up.

"Noah Scott has not yet turned two"

"having a couple of years left to run on his current contract."

"Noah has six-monthly X-rays"

"Noah is going to need his first leg lengthening surgery when he turns four"

So X-rays and a visit to the specialist every six months and the possibility of an operation after Scott's contract was up. Yeah, call me a b*st*rd but it just doesn't add up for me.

You're defiantly not a bast*rd, you're right.
It's just easier to say personal problems than to come out to the fans and say he what's money or isn't enjoying his time here.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
There hasn't been a lot wrong with Leilua's effort on the field since he's been here. Boyd was our player of the year in 2013 and Boyd came good after a quiet start. It's easy to blame players I'm more interested in knowing why so many want to leave. I agree with some of the above comments re Scott. He 's been good and if he has to go sobeit but Parramatta is 1 hour 56 minutes down the road.

Point everyone is missing is he has a sick young child living in Sydney is so much easier for his family !
 
Back
Top