2024 Recruitment and Retention Thread - Rebuild 2: This Time It’ll Work For Sure (Unironically)

Other than Dom Young are any of those blokes even worth keeping?
No. Ve’ilia maybe. First yr he’s been injury free. Realistically most of us don’t get to watch Cup or Flegg on the regular, so can’t comment that whilst performances are poor who individually is putting in regularly. Jones has been solid since being back, attack wise anyway but I have no idea defensively or even how well he gets the ruck moving and his forwards. Likes of Noah and Melachie may be better at that, but they’re many yrs away.

Players move around all the time in lower grades. I think we need to give Dobson, Monaghan and co time to identify future prospects. The ones we have now may stand up and may not.

I thought Cup would be doing much better this yr. However the forwards have mostly been U’20’s or a yr or two older and they are getting dominated by experienced rosters.

Are you saying all those guys hung together and now they’ve mostly all been moved on?
Yep pretty much all lived together and hung out in a group
Even had a short lived t shirt company together and Mapa and Vaelia only ones left now

Yep pretty much all lived together and hung out in a group
Even had a short lived t shirt company together and Mapa and Vaelia only ones left now
Thanks for filling that in for me mate. The club really should encourage everyone get to know everyone. Little groups, cliques and factions are never the healthiest way to run smoothly. The leaders should be doing more in those situations.

Making something out of nothing there. Group of kids from outside of Newcastle end up living together and becoming close. Has been no indication of anything negative about it, most of them just haven't kicked on.
There was a good article 3 or 4 years ago on the Knights site or in the Herald about the house that was run by the parents of one of the Kiwi kids who came over years ago. They bought a big house and the Knights used it to board all the young Kiwi kids. I think the son still plays in the local comp.

Breaking NEWS!!!

Koby Rugless gone to Manly

Swap for Fletcher Myers returning to Knights

Chris Veila to the Sharks
Good swap.
I really like the aggression and spirit Kobe has, but he's got nothing but attitude - too small, too slow, no real skill - just an angry little man.
Myers is a good replacement for Vea'ila - same age and play the same positions. Vea'ila is bigger and more physical, but Myers is smart, fast and competitive. I see he's been going very well in reserve grade for Manly this year.
Rugless and Myers are both on development contracts, so I suppose he gets Kobe's development spot.

Veilia I'm not surprised that he also left, I actually thought about 18 months ago he'd make his debut for the Knights but it never happened. Wouldn't be surprised Mapapalangi leaves with all of his mates gone.

Strewth there is some movement going on in lower grades. Which to be honest is good for both parties, as long as we’re getting something back. Great to get Fletcher back. He’s been getting good reviews at Manly. Nice to have a local come home for an opportunity. Disappointed about Vea’ila. First yr he’s not been recovering from injury and has been strong.

Still hoping we snag someone from Raiders with Hendo and Sasagi leaving. Not that they have too.

Canberra media have reported that we're still negotiating with the Raiders around an immediate release for Sasagi. Says the Knights have asked for Mooney, Starling or Levi but Raiders have said no so far.

Canberra media have reported that we're still negotiating with the Raiders around an immediate release for Sasagi. Says the Knights have asked for Mooney, Starling or Levi but Raiders have said no so far.
should throw in Mann as a sweetner

Wouldn't be surprised Mapapalangi leaves with all of his mates gone.

Would be a case of freeing up a top 30 spot by ditching someone not looking like they're going to play firsts any time soon.

Like many of these situations could be a case where they go to another club and turn into a decent first grader.

Starling or Levi

Why would they want these blokes when Crossland is going so well 🤔

Far out the management of Sasagi has been a farce, he’ll go there and light it up just like tapine. This club gives me a ****ing migraine.

So be it. He's been injured forever. We need hookers and forwards more than backs currently, so it makes sense. Wishing Sasagi the best except when playing against us.
100% whilst disappointing to not have these lads grow to FG potential backline wise there is a multitude of juniors showing promise there. Forward stock, namely front row are pretty poor, we badly need some decent reinforcement in that area

Back