2022 Knights Recruitment & Retention Thread

I'd be throwing the book at Nanai from the Cowboys. Issue with having so many promising young forwards is that surely they can't keep all of them
He'd definitely on our radar after missing out on Lukis signature but i'm not overly unhappy with our current back row make up either when fit
 
I think it’s already been all but confirmed Nanai is staying at North Queensland.

Unless for some reason Angus Crichton wants out at the Roosters, I don’t think there’s any established players worth pursuing now. Will be looking at prospects and projects.
 
I think it’s already been all but confirmed Nanai is staying at North Queensland.

Unless for some reason Angus Crichton wants out at the Roosters, I don’t think there’s any established players worth pursuing now. Will be looking at prospects and projects.
mate after his hat-trick his asking price has gone up and a number of clubs have joined. I dont see him staying, money talks.
 
I'd pick Frizell before Nanai everyday of the week to play a season of football at this stage of their careers.

There's more to footy than scoring insanely delicious hatricks every so often
Except it’s not just his try scoring ability that he has exceeded at. Does the dirty work very well as well as having light feet and ball playing ability. His defence and decision making on an edge is top shelf as well. Might miss a few tackles but if you watch the game it’s largely due to flying out the line and forcing the team back on the inside which kills their attacking play. We are the best defensive side in the comp with him being a reason and shoring up one edge of the defence.
 
mate after his hat-trick his asking price has gone up and a number of clubs have joined. I dont see him staying, money talks.
We will see. His family are all in Cairns and his long term girlfriend is a Townsville local. 90% sure he stays at the Cowboys.

The one likely to make way at the end of the season and I’d hate to lose him is Gilbert.
 
To be fair it’s relevant, half the clubs in the comp are likely prepared to sell the family farm to get Nanai in, and if someone wants to make the case why he’ll stay, that’s fair enough.

But yeah I am almost certain I saw a story saying he’s gonna stay. He only held out on re-signing in the off-season so the Cowboys would be forced to pay him, which as we can already see was a smart move. Someone else will be forced out to make room, I think CBM is right on that. If you grew up up there and your whole support network is up there etc, it makes sense you’d wanna stay, its not like playing for Wests or Parra or whoever where changing clubs literally just means your 30 minute drive to training in the morning ends at a different building.
 
Except it’s not just his try scoring ability that he has exceeded at. Does the dirty work very well as well as having light feet and ball playing ability. His defence and decision making on an edge is top shelf as well. Might miss a few tackles but if you watch the game it’s largely due to flying out the line and forcing the team back on the inside which kills their attacking play. We are the best defensive side in the comp with him being a reason and shoring up one edge of the defence.
not saying hes no good, hes a fantastic player. but not on frizells level yet, well on his way but he still has played less than 10 nrl games. lets see him in 3 years time and then we will see how he goes. still rate him highly dont get me wrong just not better than the likes of frizell, crichton, martin, kikau, for example
 
My opinion, your opinion. I just don't agree. Simples *meek*. Also to add to that, blokes played over 100 games for good quality sides and still hasn't got an Aussie call up.
That’s a bit harsh when Aus hasn’t played since the end of 2019. Agree with you though I wouldn’t want him at Newcastle.
 
Back
Top