2022 Knights Recruitment & Retention Thread

What has this to do with race?

Please just get back to talking about footy. Drop it and move on, both of you as bad as the other.
I'm happy to see Edrick return, and I hope it works out well for him.

If he can stay fit then we have 3/5 of our backline ex/current QLD rep players (5 if you include Hymel Hunt who is injured at present)
Galahad did nothing wrong there, Harvee just threw in a random racism accusation as a straw man.

On the topic of our origin players, throw in Mann over Best and we'll have a backline that could beat NSW.
 
Staying healthy is a skill, and big eddy isn't very good at it.

Someone like Darius was never injured, probably because he was a cat and avoided heavy contact at all costs.

In any case, hopefully Lee has been drinking plenty of milk and his chalk bones can make it through 25 games (I'm assuming the Knights finish minor premiers and win the GF, which feels likely)
 
I love the drink milk because you have brittle bones comments.

We have been deceived my friends!

Current research, and there's a lot of it, shows that dairy actually reduces bone density, not increase it.
 
Galahad did nothing wrong there, Harvee just threw in a random racism accusation as a straw man.

On the topic of our origin players, throw in Mann over Best and we'll have a backline that could beat NSW.
Harvee did nothing wrong in the first place. He expressed an opinion that he finds Barnett hard to like after the Peachey incident. A perfectly legit feeling. Same way I felt watching a NOT GUILTY OJ Simpson in a naked gun movie a few weeks back.

He didn't deserve the blow back delicate flower stuff. May have gone a little overboard after that but he didn't go looking for it either.
 
What about Marty Taupau he hasn't had an offer apparently , we could get him fairly cheap and he can be awesome .
 
What about Marty Taupau he hasn't had an offer apparently , we could get him fairly cheap and he can be awesome .
Ill Probably be shouted down and besmirched for saying this but he wouldn’t be high on my list. Respect your opinion Ethan, I just think we have depth issues in other positions.
 
Harvee did nothing wrong in the first place. He expressed an opinion that he finds Barnett hard to like after the Peachey incident. A perfectly legit feeling. Same way I felt watching a NOT GUILTY OJ Simpson in a naked gun movie a few weeks back.

He didn't deserve the blow back delicate flower stuff. May have gone a little overboard after that but he didn't go looking for it either.
Yeah I agree with the 'in the first place' bit. But the racism straw man cmonnnnn
 
Ill Probably be shouted down and besmirched for saying this but he wouldn’t be high on my list. Respect your opinion Ethan, I just think we have depth issues in other positions.
I have no problem with that mate and if we do need it elsewhere all well and good , have to say though i wouldn't mind him here ( On a reduced contract of course lol) .
 
Yeah I agree with the 'in the first place' bit. But the racism straw man cmonnnnn

Okay mate next time someone calls me a wuss for my very wimpy “racism = bad” stance, I’ll assume it’s for a very good reason on their part. 😂
 
Not to tickle anyone’s pickle or anything but for what it’s worth Will Pryce follows the club and a few of the boys on Insta.

Take of that what you will. 🤪

I only heard of this guy a few days ago but if you ignore that: I’ve always been a huge Will Pryce guy. Been saying he’s the best great Knight in waiting for years.
 
Will Pryce and Dom Young are 1 year apart in age, both came through the Huddersfield system and both have Jamaican heritage. I don't know if they are friends, but you'd think they probably are.
Dom has had a pretty good ride at Newcastle so far, so it's not a great leap that he'd tell his friend that he'll be looked after if he comes.
 
Okay mate next time someone calls me a wuss for my very wimpy “racism = bad” stance, I’ll assume it’s for a very good reason on their part. 😂
It's not about that bruz, it's you assuming he didn't want us to sign somebody because they're indigenous.
 
I’m a Watson fan as far as being a great club man and gave his all. I really don’t think he’s that good or will be a loss. As for Pearce, his job was done 12 months ago. He helped bring us out of the cellar and set high standards with training etc. don’t regret the signing but Clune will be an upgrade as far as on the field. Gagai appears to be fully invested and young is coming along in leaps and bounds.

I don’t think we will go backwards at all. I don’t think we could get higher than 6.

Ponga will literally be the difference of finishing 6 or 11
 
It's not about that bruz, it's you assuming he didn't want us to sign somebody because they're indigenous.

Right, because before that, he said the kind of thing a racist might say. Do I need to explain again in Spanish or something? I feel the sequence of events is pretty clear at this point.
 
Back
Top