2021 Season

Couple cold ones tonight? Can't blame ya. I'm having a few. Lost a mate 11 years ago today so I'm on the cold ones too. Fire cranking. This is living Barry!.......Battler.

haha, yep mate, long week at work and a couple of lazy ones for sure.

I just noticed I had typed 'tbh' twice in the one post. Cringey.

Sorry for your mate 🤝

Not to sure what you’re on about there if I’m honest. Wasn’t trying to have a go. All you see on here is posters continually say the team not turning up against the sh*t sides so not sure how you would classify the Knights as flat track bullies.

Never thought you were having a go CBM, all's fine mate.

Look at last year:

Rd 5: Loss to Melbourne 26-12
Rd 9: Loss to Eels 10-4
Rd 12: Loss to Melbourne 26-16
Rd 18: Loss to Roosters 42-12
Finals: Loss to Rabbits 46-20

They smacked Warriors, Brisbane, Tigers, Sharks, Dragons and looked like world beaters at times... but we struggled against the decent sides.

haha, yep mate, long week at work and a couple of lazy ones for sure.

I just noticed I had typed 'tbh' twice in the one post. Cringey.

Sorry for your mate 🤝
Haha tbh is a young trait. Kids do that to us. Cheers mate.....doesn't get easier but I'm here to celebrate. Cheers!🍻

Flat track bullies is the wrong term, a true flat track bully shows up against **** sides, relishes the chance to put a score on. I wish we were flat track bullies, we’d have better ladder position. Parra are the flat track bullies. We’ve been downhill skiers - if the “worse” team shows up with intent and it doesn’t just happen for us, we’ve put in some poor performances. Definite shades of that in this Titans team but while we would be great one week horrible the next, they go from great to poor within the same game...

Harv we are not even steep hillside bullies ~ when running downhill! Lucky to finish in the top 12 at this stage.

Unfortunate for Lomax with a broken thumb. Would of been my first centre penciled in for origin. Quickly becoming the next best centre in the comp behind Manu.

To’o surely has to start for the Blues now, Turbo in the centres. Best kick returner in the comp, daylight second.

Freddy will pick blokes out of position as usual. I dunno how to feel about origin now. Blokes should be picked on form not whether you played last year or not. I'd take a 1-17 form players in position vs useless monkeys from last year out of position although in "form"

Me too mate. Should be some new faces. Radley, Pangai Jr if he wants to take advantage of his eligibility (line him up against David Fifita, he’s the only guy who can stop him seemingly), To’o, maybe one of the Penrith props like Leota...

Knowing Freddy we’ll have to endure bloody Gutherson and Wighton in the centres again 😒

I'd be picking Crichton at right centre and as much as people disagree - Latrell Mitchell at left centre (yes he's playing fullback but on form he's the most damaging left centre in the comp.

Wings pick themselves IMO, To'o on one flank and Trbojevic on the other. Think Papenhuyzen offers more as a 14 in terms of impact but Gutherson offers more in terms of effort and versatility, both could be in the side and i'd be happy with either.

Wighton 6 Cleary 7 or Luai 6 Cleary 7 if Freddy is serious about winning the series, we'll lose if Cody Walker lines up at 5/8.

Ideally, this is my NSW side (it won't be the side because of clueless selectors)

1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. Crichton
5. Trbojevic
6. Wighton
7. Cleary
8. Saifiti
9. Cook
10. Haas
11. Crichton
12. Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gutherhuyzen/Papenson
15. Paulo
16. Murray
17. TPJ

I agree on Wighton, right up there with the most overrated players in the comp, but I think I’d still take Haas, he was poor in game 3 last year but the Maroons game plan was heavily based around containing him in gang tackles. They knew that they didn’t have to worry about a lot of the other middles. D Saf was consistent through the whole series but you know what he’s going to do, hit the line and try and land on his front. I think Haas will go great if we put a bit more dynamism & aggression around him, and he’s been the next best prop in the comp after Fish this year, him & Pangai carrying a very poor side which would be 0-8 without them.

I do think some fresh blood is needed. 2 out of 3 games the Maroons pack killed ours.

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Trbjoevic (Lomax injured)
5. To’o
6. Luai/Walker (I don’t think there’s a bad selection option here tbh)
7. Cleary
13. Radley
12. Pangai Jr (Frizell has been mediocre in Origin for years now. Wind Pangai up, aim him at Fifita, and he’ll absolutely daddy David)
11. Crichton
10. Haas
9. Cook
8. Vaughan (going better than Klemmer & D Saf atm, bit more footwork etc)

14. Peachey (an actual utility as the utility, imagine that)
15. Paulo (very good against tiring defenders)
16. Yeo (Murray injured)
17. Leota (my bolter. He’ll come on and push the line speed in defence)

Queensland picks itself basically

Ponga
Holmes
Gagai
Brimson
Coates
Munster
DCE
Tino
Fifita
Kaufusi
Welch
Grant
Papalii/Fotuaika

Hunt
Arrow
Capewell
Papalii/Fotuaika

Will be shocked if I’m far off with this.

Wighton shouldn’t be anywhere near selection and neither should Haas. He is a massive stat padder.
Wighton is the best running 6 that NSW have and should be in the side somewhere.
He poops all over Cody Walker who goes missing in big games, and the only two i'd select at 5/8 ahead of him are a fit Luke Keary or Cleary's club partner in Jarome Luai.

Wighton has proven time and again he is the only one who has a dig in that Raiders side, was by far their best in the GF loss and i'd argue that if Jack Wighton wasn't in the Raiders side last season, they probably end up somewhere from 7th-12th.

Back