2017 Harold Matts and SG Ball

Junior awards night - updates on the Knights twitter page.
First award - Max Buderus - under 16s coaches award

Danny Buderus encouragement award to Bradman Best
H Mathews player of the year - Christian Ma'anamia

Carlsen award goes to Matt Croker - second year in a row it's gone to a prop (last year was Pasami Saulo)

The Croker brothers, Mat and Harry, both tick a lot of boxes.
They both play long minutes, make very few mistakes, always do more than their share of the work.
They aren't guys who stand out a lot, but they get through a mountain of quality work during a game.

Australian school boys 2017

1 Dylan Smith (Endeavour Sports High – NSWCHS)
2 Campbell Graham (Marcellin College Randwick – NSWCCC)
3 Bronson Xerri (Endeavour Sports High – NSWCHS)
4 Zac Lomax (Figtree High – NSWCHS)
5 Ethan Parry (St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown – NSWCCC)
6 Tanah Boyd (Keebra Park State High – QSS)
7 Dylan Brown (The Hills Sports High – NSWCHS)
8 Ky Rodwell (Matraville Sports High – NSWCHS)
9 Kyle Schneider (The Hills Sports High – NSWCHS)
10 Oregon Kaufusi (The Hills Sports High – NSWCHS)
11 Teig Wilton (Endeavour Sports High – NSWCHS)
12 David Fifita (Keebra Park State High – QSS)
13 Lindsay Smith (Westfields Sports High – NSWCHS)

14 Luke Huth (Hunter Sports High – NSWCHS)
15 Jesse Cronin (The Hills Sports High – NSWCHS)
16 James Roumanos (Aquinas College, Menai – NSWCCC)
17 Spencer Leniu (Patrician Brothers College, Blacktown – NSWCCC)

under 16s Rory Kosjaysyn
under 18s Scott Dureau
under 20s Todd Lowrie

How doesn't the coach who took the Knights Harold Matthews cup Grandfinals the last 2 years get a gig. Poor Moz.
Knights are a complete joke. Disgraceful how they have treated him. No wonder some of there best juniors have left.

How doesn't the coach who took the Knights Harold Matthews cup Grandfinals the last 2 years get a gig. Poor Moz.
Knights are a complete joke. Disgraceful how they have treated him. No wonder some of there best juniors have left.
We haven't seen the full details yet, but Wests have indicated that they are expanding the high performance program and that Dureau and Kostjaysyn will be also working as skills coaches too, so you would think they will be fulltime employees. I'd imagine they will also have assistant coaches.
Anyway you look at it, it looks like more money is getting spent on fulltime coaches for the Mathews and Ball squads, so I don't know how that's a bad thing.

As they said in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago - having Kosjaysyn, Dureau, Lowrie, Woolford and Brown as our coaches means we have recent NRL experience in the coaches of all 5 grades.

We haven't seen the full details yet, but Wests have indicated that they are expanding the high performance program and that Dureau and Kostjaysyn will be also working as skills coaches too, so you would think they will be fulltime employees. I'd imagine they will also have assistant coaches.
Anyway you look at it, it looks like more money is getting spent on fulltime coaches for the Mathews and Ball squads, so I don't know how that's a bad thing.

As they said in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago - having Kosjaysyn, Dureau, Lowrie, Woolford and Brown as our coaches means we have recent NRL experience in the coaches of all 5 grades.

All played hooker to... which is where everything begins

There was an interesting article in the Sydney Herald last week about Manly raiding Western Sydney for juniors. They pointed out that many of the players in the under 16s side we beat in the grandfinal were being bussed in for training. They used the term "they are fishing where the fish are". I think they said Manly have never won the under 16s, or maybe they said they haven't won for decades.
We have made 3 of the last 4 grandfinals, and won 2 of them.

Back