Your team vs Gold Coast Titans

Sione has a long way to go before being a better fullback than gidley. Every time a bomb went up to Sione on the weekend I was praying for him to catch it.

Off the top of my head El Capitan had the following stink bombs;

gave away a penalty with 1 second left that could have sent the game to golden point
forced a pass and knocked on with our first decent attacking opportunity
had a play on the grubber kick that lead to lowe's try, but caught nothing but air
was tripped by a ghost and fell on his face while at dummy half.

in the good things column I recall a nice scoot from dummy half that picked up 10-15 metres, and the second half line break.

He needs to be better next week.

The player on the ground grabbed Gidleys foot when he fell over at hooker, it was a definite penalty that wasn't awarded. Watch it again

Sorry yeah, forgot Randell wasnt there. He would come into my team for Sione

1 gids
2 Mcmanus
3 Gagai
4 BJ
5 Uate
6 Mullen
7 Roberts
8 Snowden
9 Clydesdale
10 sims (has really impressed so far)
11 Scott
12 Rochow
13 Smith

Bench
14 Randell
15 Houston
16 Fa'alogo
17 stockwell
18 Mataora
19 Tapine

Not a big Vaivai fan, Josh?

14. Randell
15. Tapine
16. Fa'alogo / Vaivai
17. Stockwell

Going forward I'll be fuming if this isn't our standard bench. Sione can bloody wait until he fits and Houston can f*** so far off

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be a tough game against the Titans. If you watched them the last couple weeks they really haven't looked that bad. They'll put up a big fight to avoid going down 3-0

If we win it will be a tight contest

Yes Gids should have got that penalty and agree with Randell. Game 1 Randell was oustanding and played half and hooker, scoring a great dummy half try. If Scott is suspended, and all the 'experts'agree he is looking at two to three weeks for thumping the little koala bear, I get a bad feeling about the Titans at home. They played well against the Tiges.

The 'medja' scribes down south are already screaming JT has no case to answer as Uate 'fell' into a legitimate tackle.

I just gotta stop this agreeing with Kenny. Does anyone think it is a virus or such?

Judging by Houston and Scott getting suspensions, Fa'alogo should stay on the bench. Yeah he didn't have a very good game but I think we should just stick to a winning formula instead of chopping and changing the lineup when it isn't needed right now. Definitely later in the season though I personally don't see a spot for him.

- - - Updated - - -

With the Sione and Randell situation I really couldn't care less, both have their pros and cons.

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be a tough game against the Titans. If you watched them the last couple weeks they really haven't looked that bad. They'll put up a big fight to avoid going down 3-0

If we win it will be a tight contest
If we lose though I'd be really disappointed, especially when we should be fine tuning many parts of our game despite winning our last 2.

With the likely impending suspension of Scott and possibly Houston, do you reckon they'll consider putting BJ in the forwards (off the bench perhaps?) and Sione into the centres? They talked about potentially playing Joey in the pack during the pre season, now is probably the ideal time for that move to be made if they want to try it. That said, he was great on the weekend so it would be a big call to move him.

Scott cleared to play yahoo; and Houston not even charged. Poor Cowgirls will have their lace unmentionables in a twist over this!

Scott cleared to play yahoo; and Houston not even charged. Poor Cowgirls will have their lace unmentionables in a twist over this!

They're upset we've bashed them up 2 games in row. Tariq will be available for the next clash adding a bit more starch to our pack. The might even forfeit the cats.

How about Tapine actually standing out in reserve grade. I watched their first game on fox and he was ordinary and if Billy's description of him looking disinterested last week is on the mark, then it doesn't scream "must be picked" NRL team. Makes it even harder when we're winning. His time will come.

How about Tapine actually standing out in reserve grade. I watched their first game on fox and he was ordinary and if Billy's description of him looking disinterested last week is on the mark, then it doesn't scream "must be picked" NRL team. Makes it even harder when we're winning. His time will come.
I probably shouldn't say this, but I was sitting near the coach the other day and I heard him tell the trainer to tell Tapine to show some energy or he was coming off, and straight after that Tapine had a huge run and dominated the opposition middle defenders.
In short, he is good enough for firstgrade if they pick him, but he is just going through the motions in reserve grade.

Back