Your Team Vs Dolphins round 3

Yeah, the panic because Brailey is missing one game is a bit OTT. Surely we will do what we didn’t do last year and try to find a replacement if he gets a long term injury. Canberra have three hookers, I’m sure we could get one of them.

Woolford is actually the pick of Canberra’s hookers atm. Sticky is just a lunatic.

But yeah atm we’re only replacing Brailey for one week. The worry with Randall last year is that the grind of playing big minutes at hooker week to week got to him by I’d say about round 6-8. Despite what Cameron Smith might tell you, it’s actually a really hard position to play 😂

Hastings being available makes it easier to put a spine together.
I think we still need a guy on the bench who can give Crossland a spell though, and I can't think of anyone who would be up to it.
The only guy up to It we traded him to the Titans unfourtunately.

Think this is what we're working with. Development players in bold, though Myles Martin didn't play in any grade this week so he may be unavailable too.

Fullback
Bailey Hodgson, Lachie Miller

Outside backs
Bradman Best, Dane Gagai, Dom Young, Enari Tuala, Greg Marzhew, Hymel Hunt, Chris Vea’ila

Halves
Jackson Hastings, Tyson Gamble

Hooker
Kobe Rugless

Middle forwards
Daniel Saifiti, Jack Hetherington, Leo Thompson, Mat Croker, Myles Martin

Edge forwards
Brodie Jones, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Oryn Keeley

Utility
Phoenix Crossland
Slim pickings at this point.

Randall was an extremely limited player IMO. Gave it everything but service was horrific and made some awful decision errors in attack. The ball Crossland threw to Hastings from dummy half for our last try, Randall couldn’t pull off in his dreams and I think is your answer why they were happy to let him walk when the titans offered him a longer deal.

It worries me that we probably don’t look for a hooker until Brailey goes down long term, any player will need sometime at training and games to adjust to new surroundings and teammates.

We should sign Jayden Berrell (Sharks backup hooker). If Blayke Brailey gets injured they’d pick McInnes at hooker, so it’s not an ideal team for him to push for his chance. Berrell will never get a go. I’ve seen him play a bit of QCup and I don’t really get why he’s never gotten a crack in first grade.

1. Lachie Miller If Hastings is out ..Hodgson
2. Greg Marzhew
3. Bradman Best
4. Dane Gagai
5. Dominic Young
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jackson Hastings If he's out ...Miller
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Leo Thompson
11. Jack Johns
12. Lachie Fitzgibbon
13. Brodie Jones

14. Rivett
15. Hymel Hunt
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Mat Croker

1. Lachie Miller If Hastings is out ..Hodgson
2. Greg Marzhew
3. Bradman Best
4. Dane Gagai
5. Dominic Young
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jackson Hastings If he's out ...Miller
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Leo Thompson
11. Jack Johns
12. Lachie Fitzgibbon
13. Brodie Jones

14. Rivett
15. Hymel Hunt
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Mat Croker
Why is hasting a chance of being out ?

O'Brien in his preview of the game on the Knights site today says Hastings and Gagai are co captains with Hastings taking the toss and making the captains review decisions - so that doesn't sound like he's in doubt.
He does say Johns has to do a fitness test today and describes Cant as "every chance" to make his debut, which sounds like he expects Johns to be out, although he does say Johns should be right next week.

Back