Your team vs Bulldogs

I think what we learnt yesterday was;

Hoy and Ponga can work together to cover the 1 and 6 positions, but I think teams will quickly work out that Hoy is a defensive weakness and start running at him a lot.

Croker and Sue play a similar role, but young Croker already looks ahead of the old guy at the end of his career, and Croaks will only get better.

Thompson and Sasagi both offer a point of difference for short minutes at lock in slightly different ways, but Sasagi also offers injury cover for the backs. I think we can only carry 1 of them.

Fitz did virtually no hitups in the first half, probably a deliberate thing, so he had the energy left in the tank to last 80 minutes, given that virtually every other forward would need replacing in that game. Fitz will be better for the run.

Jack Johns is now a firstgrade standard second rower, or would be if he didn't break something every second game he plays.

Randall is doing less tackles and missing more tackles. We need to find a way to rest him a bit.

Tuala is best as a winger.

There isn't a lot of difference between Clune and Crossland. I can't see the point of rushing Clune back if his injury is still an issue.
Great analysis. I think also Saulo was good.

I think what we learnt yesterday was;

Hoy and Ponga can work together to cover the 1 and 6 positions, but I think teams will quickly work out that Hoy is a defensive weakness and start running at him a lot.

Croker and Sue play a similar role, but young Croker already looks ahead of the old guy at the end of his career, and Croaks will only get better.

Thompson and Sasagi both offer a point of difference for short minutes at lock in slightly different ways, but Sasagi also offers injury cover for the backs. I think we can only carry 1 of them.

Fitz did virtually no hitups in the first half, probably a deliberate thing, so he had the energy left in the tank to last 80 minutes, given that virtually every other forward would need replacing in that game. Fitz will be better for the run.

Jack Johns is now a firstgrade standard second rower, or would be if he didn't break something every second game he plays.

Randall is doing less tackles and missing more tackles. We need to find a way to rest him a bit.

Tuala is best as a winger.

There isn't a lot of difference between Clune and Crossland. I can't see the point of rushing Clune back if his injury is still an issue.
Yeah can't disagree with any of that

I wouldnt play clune unless 100% pecially with milford only 1 week away

Our defense out wide needs work, but too much chopping and changing

Can we go one week without an injury!

Stats are in for the reserve grade game.
Despite us having a big loss, Phythian had another massive game - 67 fantasy points - 1 line break, 2 line break assists, 2 try assists, 15 runs for 115 meters. 13 kicks for 301 metres, 11 tackles, 3 missed.

Players returning should give the side a boost but we will still be weak in the halves even if Clifford plays, our choices are very so so, Clune, Clifford, Crosslands, Hoy, Pythian, even picking the best two we are not strong, ok at best.
With Clune carrying an injury, Clifford with personal problems and Crossland performing poorly it might be time to try Pythian 7 and Hoy 6 with Crossland 14

Players returning should give the side a boost but we will still be weak in the halves even if Clifford plays, our choices are very so so, Clune, Clifford, Crosslands, Hoy, Pythian, even picking the best two we are not strong, ok at best.
With Clune carrying an injury, Clifford with personal problems and Crossland performing poorly it might be time to try Pythian 7 and Hoy 6 with Crossland 14
Pythian can't play until after June 30, he isn't a contracted top 30 squad member. While in good form I doubt we will have grounds to seek an exemption while we still have other options.

As FOX SPORTS reports the Knights Calvary has come just in time. Expected to get Mitch Barnett, Jirah Momoisea, Brodie Jones, Adam Clune, Bailey Hodgson, Tyson Frizell and Sauaso Sue back available for this weekend (Round 10 v Bulldogs). With Anthony Milford, and Kurt Mann expected back the following round v Broncos. I'd also expect Gagai to be back against Broncos.

These inclusions couldn't have come at a better time, that'll just leave us with Jayden Brailey, Jack Johns and Hymel Hunt definitely still out until Round 13 or later. Jake Clifford still pending his personal issues, but all the rest is looking positive.

As FOX SPORTS reports the Knights Calvary has come just in time. Expected to get Mitch Barnett, Jirah Momoisea, Brodie Jones, Adam Clune, Bailey Hodgson, Tyson Frizell and Sauaso Sue back available for this weekend (Round 10 v Bulldogs). With Anthony Milford, and Kurt Mann expected back the following round v Broncos. I'd also expect Gagai to be back against Broncos.

These inclusions couldn't have come at a better time, that'll just leave us with Jayden Brailey, Jack Johns and Hymel Hunt definitely still out until Round 13 or later. Jake Clifford still pending his personal issues, but all the rest is looking positive.
The real question is, who picks up a 5week+ injury against the Bulldogs this week?

Someone clarify for me please.
Hoy is not a member of our top 30 but played so why not Pythian or is it that Hoy is a Development Contract

It's a weird situation that Hoy could go from pretty much the senior playmaker in firstgrade last game to very much the junior partner to Phythian in reserves next week.

O'Brien - seems upbeat - even excited.
Says Gagai will be considered pending a talk with medical staff.
Seemed to say Mann might be back.
Frizell for sure.
Cliff will be assessed and he'll get another week off "if he needs it" and "Tex went OK"
Didn't mention Jones
Didn't mention Clune.

Interesting news on the injury front.

Says Barnett is super fit and raring to go.
Says Gagai, Mann, Frizell, Jones, Lee and Sue need to pass a fitness test.
Says Johns was cleared of a broken arm but will need some time off.
Says Clune and Clifford are "in doubt" but doesn't rule them out.

Very interesting interview from that we can go with...

Playing:
Mitch Barnett

Fitness Test:
Tyson Frizell
Kurt Mann
Dane Gagai
Sauaso Sue
Edrick Lee

Likely Next Week:
Adam Clune
Jake Clifford

Round 10/11