What would our team look like if the vote went the other way?

packo

:) (:
I was just thinking would we of We kept Wes, would we have looked for another head coach. I think it s fairly safe to say our big names would not be here (Maybe Tahu) your thoughts guys?

If you're talking about the vote to get Tinkler in (i'm assuming), then it would the same old year, still excitement for the season, but nothing like what we have now. No Boyd or Cuthbertson! Probably not even Snowden because the Sharks had a good offer. The board may have given in to signing Tahu out of desperateness for a big name. McKinnon i think was already coming, others guys like Wade & Laurie may not have been here because the old board rarely ever brought in players from local leagues straight into the first-grade squad. Rochow, i don't know his reasons or if Stone or Bennett decided to offer him so who knows.

Apart from that, we'd be in massive debt still! Struggling with members, nowhere near favourites, re-signed mediocre players, still with Blades (shudders) & all other stuff.

We took the right choice this time.

Didn't you want us to say no to Tinkler, Josh?

Hmmm i don't recall ever thinking we should vote no to him, i was strongly in favour & once the story came out that he rejected us i was devastated & thought there should be riots haha.

I may have been frustrated though a few days after the rejection & p*ssed off at why he did , but never against him, as far as i can remember

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

You think Wes would of stayed?

Probably! He would have a starting centre spot no doubt after MacDougall retired.

No Snowden (Tinkler was behind the move to get him), no Boyd, no Buderus (wouldn't have had the funds or desire to go after already contracted player), Cuthbertson and Laurie. We'd probably still have Beau Henry and Patterson, and most likely Ciraldo. Don't know too much about Mckinnon, whether he came here to follow Bennett or he was coming here anyway. Also don't know about Wade, and who was behind that move.

Debatable about Wes. Yeah he would have been given a full time spot...but they're two different meanings when Stone is saying it rather than Bennett. If the greatest coach ever wants you in the centers...by golly you must have something going for you.

Pretty much all of the good players (Boyd, Cuthbertson, Buderus, Snowden) we signed this year would have been a definite 'no'. We'd also still have Taufua and De Gois.

Good thread. I'd say we would have started well but again had another bad run of injuries & just make the top 8. However we have even more depth now aswell as a coach that's been around for many years. Our recruitment this year has been some of the best in years. I think we will go very similar to the 2006 campaign but would be awesome to finally win it again :)

Paterson was so under-rated. I liked him and wouldve loved to keep him

Really? IMO Paterson was over paid and was under performing. Not what you want in a player. I had really high hopes for the guy but unfortunately he just never panned out the way I thought he was going to. Personally I was happy to see him move on. We free'd up cap space and cut some dead weight IMO.

If anything, Paterson was totally over-rated ... on this forum, anyway. He never did anything after his time off for depression ... nothing to justify his huge paycheck, anyway. Glad to see him gone.

Back