Sunday Footy Show + Roast?

I can't take the show seriously anymore with Tim Gilbert as host. The show is all about them sharing opinions on the footy and debating the issues of the game, yet Gilbert is always getting defensive when others disagree with him. The hosting gig has got to his head and he comes across as a knob.

The Sunday Roast in it's prime with Vossy, MG, Gus and M Johns was by far the best Rugby League show on tv.

Last edited:
I can't take the show seriously anymore with Tim Gilbert as host. The show is all about them sharing opinions on the footy and debating the issues of the game, yet Gilbert is always getting defensive when others disagree with him. The hosting gig has got to his head and he comes across as a knob.

The Sunday Roast in it's prime with Vossy, MG, Gus and M Johns was by far the best Rugby League show on tv.

They shouldn't call it the Sunday Roast anymore ... it's a totally different show. I don't bother watching anymore.

Voss, Geyer, Gould and Kennedy was almost a better show I reckon, just coz it was fun watching them all mock Kennedy! :lol:

As for Voss, he got the punt coz he sued Hadley, plain and simple.

I love the kicking duel ... the fact that NSW get the ball INSIDE QUEENSLAND'S HALF ... and still kick it back!!! :lol: And Phil Gould doesn't care NSW lost the game coz they won the kicking duel haha.

They shouldn't call it the Sunday Roast anymore ... it's a totally different show. I don't bother watching anymore.

Voss, Geyer, Gould and Kennedy was almost a better show I reckon, just coz it was fun watching them all mock Kennedy! :lol:

As for Voss, he got the punt coz he sued Hadley, plain and simple.

I love the kicking duel ... the fact that NSW get the ball INSIDE QUEENSLAND'S HALF ... and still kick it back!!! :lol: And Phil Gould doesn't care NSW lost the game coz they won the kicking duel haha.
Yeah, I loved it up until Vossy and MG were gone.

Derogatory remarks Voss made over a statue they unveiled of Rabs in his hometown of Junee, Hadlee took offence to the remarks made about his good friend said some stuff back...Voss sued for deformation as far as I know the exact remarks were never made public but I might be wrong about that

Derogatory remarks Voss made over a statue they unveiled of Rabs in his hometown of Junee, Hadlee took offence to the remarks made about his good friend said some stuff back...Voss sued for deformation as far as I know the exact remarks were never made public but I might be wrong about that

Here's a link with all the info (with the audio link of what Hadley said): http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-statue-comments/story-e6freye0-1226110393415

Voss said on the Sunday Roast that the statue doesn't look like Rabs ... which it doesn't, I reckon it looks more like Richie Benaud!

Hadley, who organised the statue in the first place, went off at Voss on air, Voss sued for defamation and won out of court (to the tune of six figures).

But the whole thing allowed Hadley to get further into everyone's good books at Nine and depose Voss.

Hadley has hated Voss ever since he went to Nine. They both used to work at the same radio station, Hadley went off when he went to Nine saying he'd never make it as a commentator, etc. This is what Voss said about it in 2005:

When comments like having 'delusions of adequacy' are made, does this have any affect on you?
That's one of Ray Hadley's comments. He threatened me when I left 2UE in 1994 (he was my boss at the time) with the line "if you go to television you will disappear down a black hole". He has constantly tried to discredit and embarrass me since and I have never replied in public to his remarks and I am not about to start now. I just try to do my job the best way I can. This year is my tenth in television and I am proud of that because it is something I had never thought I would do.

Thanks for the link James until now I didn't know what was actually said that's why I never really offered an opinion on it. It amazes me that 1 comment (which granted was silly to make at the time but not derogatory imo) caused a massive deformation case and resulted in a very public and messy fight....unbelieveable...silly really imo

Thanks for that..... it is UNbelievable!! Ray Hadley can't hardly talk about the gulf between commentary skills hahaha he's USELESS! He has to be the most pig headed, high and mighty man out there, yuck. Good on Vossy, too bad it cost him his nine job but he's saving us a bit from the NZ commentators! :lol:

Back