Rumour: Knights to offload Jarrod Mullen as part of player clean-out

Come on Matty did you watch today's game? Mullo was an ebarrassment and Hodko not much better.

I personally think Mullo has been great, without much luck, with emphasis on the has been. I think he has a great football brain and would be a real asset on the coaching staff of a Club.

It would have been nicer to see mullo get the ball to Sione in the danger zone more and actually get a ball to his chest. Every time mullo received he had to jump to get the damn ball. Once Tyler went off we looked very average with adams. Pauli needs to shed some more kgs to get more mobile. They run rings around the poor bloke.

Mullen was terrible today worst game I have seen him play for a long time. His kicking game was deplorable, passes missing the mark, missing tackles and playing far too sideways taking all the room away from his outside backs. Everyone bagged Houston than Sims about not taking advantage of the Mullen short ball but for mine Mullen is the problem he does not take the ball to the line rather stopping just short of it allowing the defence to slide, it makes it overly predictable and a rather useless play.

Mullen is extremely talented but I think for both the club and Mullen it's time to part ways, Mullen is not good for our culture as he has demonstrated on a number of occasions and has fallen in to a comfort zone.

Micky paea must be on massive money since he was signed by Hagan and stone. This salary cap situation makes me so angry! But reading we offered Robbie 250 grand a season doesn't make it better because that's paying overs for him his injury prone,

Mullen is contracted till 18. No point shopping him. Let him guide lamb and cogs, pearsall and feeney. He can hand over A johns book of notes to the younger fellas.

- - - Updated - - -

Paea needs more game time. Got me faarked why he plays so little minutes.

Come on Matty did you watch today's game? Mullo was an ebarrassment and Hodko not much better.

I personally think Mullo has been great, without much luck, with emphasis on the has been. I think he has a great football brain and would be a real asset on the coaching staff of a Club.

You do realise my comment was made quite a while before the game? Even after the result he's still much better than Hodkinson...

Brown hardly denied it in the presser. Trouble is, of all the blokes on big money, Mullen is one of the ones we could actually offload (if we still pay something). No one is going to take Stockwell or Uate.

Mullen is the same as Uate to me. Fame goes to the head plus the easy pay day..

Disagree strongly. Mullen gives everything he's got each and every week. He's damn near crippled himself for this club coming back from so many injuries.

Mullen is our best player, however we will never win a premiership with him as our chief playmaker. It's time for him to go methinks, however Trent is a dud and I don't feel Cogger and Lamb are anywhere near ready for NRL. It's a no win situation, especially for the next few seasons.

Mullen is our best player, however we will never win a premiership with him as our chief playmaker. It's time for him to go methinks, however Trent is a dud and I don't feel Cogger and Lamb are anywhere near ready for NRL. It's a no win situation, especially for the next few seasons.

Haha Hodko is a dud good one. That dud has more try assists than a man you described as going great guns in Tyrone Roberts so I don't know what that's says about Roberts probably that once Elegy is back he will be back where he belongs in reserve grade. Hodko has underperformed this year but he is by no means a dud he produced our only try today and his kicking game kept us in it in that first half.

Article in the Herald says Matt Gidley and Mullen's manager say this is not true.

Two points.

First, it was Gidley and Gidley alone that signed Mullen to his current contract. The club didn't have a coach at the time. Forget about my prejudices towards Mullen, there was no urgency at the time. Why wouldn't you first appoint a coach and let him make the decision? I thought it was odd at the time, and in hindsight still odd. Gidley wouldn't know his elbow from his arsehole. Very much a case of I'm going to sign my mate.

Secondly, where is Mullen going to go? It's all well and good to say we're going to offload him but there actually needs to be a club that wants him, and in 11 seasons there has never been another club that has shown interest.

The Knights could offer up Mullen and Hodkinson, offer to pick up the bill for their full wages, and I don't think another club would take them. Perhaps that is overstating it a bit but is there a "senior" player at the club another team would want? I don't think so and that is how we end up with disgraceful performances like today.

He'll probably go to Melbourne and win a Comp lol
I love Mullo as a player but if I was him I be more than happy to leave this rubble of a club!

I do agree that we may need to do this as part of our clean out and to create culture change at the club.... but who are we going to put in for Mullen? Throwing the young guys in could be real damaging, and I'd much rather Mullen than anyone else available. Damn. We may need to forfeit next season the way its going.

Back