Round 8: Newcastle Knights vs North Queensland Cowboys

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Cowboys 13+

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Firstly the knights were luckt the cows are playing terrible or this game would of been a blow out.

Secondly u are clearly posting this at cowboysman and him alone... borderline baiting a argument!!

No I don't play games that unlike some others on here.

My point was the Cows were disappointing and have issues of their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don't play games that unlike some others on here.

My point was the Cows were disappointing and have issues of their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, injuries to all but one of the spine and Morgan is in terrible form. Cows are playing as well as expected with a lock at halfback, a 2nd rower at hooker and a green kid at fullback.

Luckily for them JT, Coote and Granville will be back very soon.

Nah, I disagree.

If we are going to get anywhere with this rebuild this is the year we had to have. We were not going to go from 1 win to world beaters. A few more wins would have been nice. But they are competing hard, much improved on last year.

Sorry, I worded that badly. I meant this year is same old every week, as we look in it, but dumb **** stuffs it up for us. Clearly much better than last year.

So cause im half cut thanks to my friend makers mark... i just watch the high lights 6 times to time Elliots 90m run.
9.8secs from 10m line to try line.. thats motoring along

I think at least one of them is either he got the ball too late to put in a decent downfield kick, so had to put it high to clear the defence, or he just stuffed around with it too long and same result.

But you don't see other sides putting up a bomb so far out. Just the Knights.

Interesting that the fantasy points on nrl.com (which are based on statistics of all aspects of play) say that Sam Stone was our best this week - followed by Elliot, Yates, Levi, Lamb and Ross.

Ah well same outcome, different week. When does it end? The being competitive excuse is gonna get old really quickly if we keep ruining any chance of snatching a win with the consistent errors and poor discipline we produce. Titans upset the Sharks and we play them next week, what a time to be alive.

the fact we are competing in games when you take a look at our squad is amazing. even from the pre season we've been demolished.
mullen gone
Hokko gone
burher gone
Kosty gone
pauli gone
phythian gone
all those blokes would of played a vital role in season 2017 and if we had them on the park consistently we wouldnt be on 1 win... that list above basically contains our entire starting spine in 1.phythian 6.mullo 7. hokko 9.kosty...

Brown is doing some job to get the playing group he has available to compete and stick around in games the way we are, anyone who says we lack discipline and polish is spot on, but what are you expecting? 3/4 of the side aren't ready to be playing at this level and the worst part is some never will be!
bring on some signing news asap, things are getting tough haha!

bring on some signing news asap, things are getting tough haha!

Dead set. I don't want to be hearing about possibles we are chasing until they sign the contract and after the cooling off period.

It's too much to get your hopes up, get them dashed and then get your hopes up for a win then get them dashed. Rinse repeat.

Spot on Kurriboy. I suggested with all the flakey and dumb rumours that get posted, make 'em put up a bond and links. Let's know when the ink has dried for ten days!

Watching the replays the cows really sorted out our weak defence, running big guys at Lamb and Gags when ten metres out. Gags defence has only been moderate all year and Lamb is only on his 'L' plates.

Did anyone else think Elliot attacking the ball and racing 90m to score was similar to the way Boyd used to run it back ?

A lot of people are saying Lamb is playing like Tyrone Roberts.
Lamb did 23 tackles and as our only playmaker was involved in nearly every attacking set.

Roberts didn't do that in his 12th game of firstgrade.

In fact, Roberts didn't do that, ever.

If Roberts did 15 tackles and about a third of the playmaking he was ready for a medi cab to carry him off by the 60th minute.

No way could Roberts have been our only playmaker without defending on the wing and doing nothing but kicking - while Lamb was often leading the kick chase and also ran down a few of the line breaks.

Mullen or Kidley could probably have done a better job of being our sole playmaker than Lamb did yesterday, but probably not till 3 or 4 years into their careers - and of course, Joey did it every week without missing a beat.

Brown deciding to put Sione into "halfback" was an astounding decision. If he'd have had Hodko and Sione as our halves, I can't even imagine how badly the team would have played. We would have been running around like headless chickens. I don't even know how we managed to look OK yesterday with only Lamb as an organiser - crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Back