Round 5: Newcastle Knights vs Brisbane Broncos

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Broncos 1-12

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Broncos 13+

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Griffin is possibly our best defender and a decent dummy half, but if you have Levi with any amount of gas in the tank, he will always be a better option at dummy half. Maybe Levi will only go flat out for 40 or 50 minutes and Griffin will do the rest, but if Levi is good for 60, he should do 60.

Griffin has been players player two out of four games and in our top three players overall.
Levi only getting a run because Watson is injured.

At this time I thought Levi playing was rumour and speculation, not in side as yet but I would like to see him back in squad, no reason why they couldn't play 40mins each, Levi 20 either side have way, Griffin the rest plus 40 at 13.

Not sure why there was any need to name Denniss in the 21 when we have a fit Sio, and someone like King who has been one of our better performers in cup.

I'm excited about the Griffin/Levi combination.
I think Griffin should move to lock after 20 minutes when the first forward interchanges are done and Levi should try to do the next 60, so we only have to use 1 interchange.

This combo was talked up all pre season. My point the whole time wasn't that Levi is a better 9 than Griffin but he wasn't given the chance to show what he can do with better players around him. I thought his form from last year carried enough merit to get a crack. Now it's up to Levi to show us what he's got.

Billy makes a really simple point. Not sure why people find it hard to understand. Levi is better than Griffin at one thing--running the ball late in the half through the middle of the ruck. It results in line breaks, tackle breaks, offloads, quick play the balls etc etc.

Griffin and Levi will combine really well.

I hope Levi plays. It will give us an edge, esspecially against a team without a big pack of forwards

Small forward usually means agility and stamina :shrug:

Though with
Lodge 6'3 120kg
Sims 6'2 110kg
Thiday 6'1 115kg
Ofahengue 6'2 115kg

I wouldnt class them as a small pack.

Our pack
Ese 110kg
Lillyman 105kg
Dsaf 120kg
Jsaf 115kg

Broncos front row is 10kg heavier.

We'll probably go back to the round 1 bench, Buhrer covering back row, Levi hooker. I just hope Levi isn't gonna get 20 minutes at the end of the game like Lamb. If we use him properly, it will give us a new weapon in attack that we haven't seen this year yet, a hooker who makes breaks around the ruck & hopefully Pearce/Ponga/Lamb are chasing close by.

Kalyn Ponga does sound like a made up name, it doesn't sound very Maori.

Sounds a little more Maori if you try saying it with a lisp.

Personally, I don't care what a player's name is provided he plays his best for us.
Although it'd be awkward yelling out from the stands "Get stuck in Peter File, you getting soft or something?"

just off the twitter feed down the side of this forum...

upload_2018-4-4_18-45-13.png

I like that tweet :applause:

I wish brown would play Barnet as a wide running backrower in the Ben Kennedy mold. The bloke loves putting on a big hit and is tough as nails. Running at props isn't working well, but get him one one one with some smaller players or back rowers and he could be quite impressive.

I wish brown would play Barnet as a wide running backrower in the Ben Kennedy mold. The bloke loves putting on a big hit and is tough as nails. Running at props isn't working well, but get him one one one with some smaller players or back rowers and he could be quite impressive.
So who do you drop, Fitz or Guerra, probably our 2 best along with Griffin in the pack

Ive said it since pre season.
Barnett isnt the star some make him out to be.
Heck we signed him as a reserve grade player from the Raiders.

I love the aggressive nature he has though he doesnt have the size for it to be imposing.

He's coming back from a shoulder reco, i said it many times that he should start the year in cup or at least coming off the bench.

Now 4 games in many are saying he isnt fit or being the standout player we expect.

Drop him back or let him rest and fully recover.
Play the twins upfront with ese at lock.
Bash teams early and hope the bench holds it.
We seem to like this being even across the 80 yet being over the 80 on the back foot dont work.

Own the middle from the kick off and hope the bench can keep it going.

Ive said it since pre season.
Barnett isnt the star some make him out to be.
Heck we signed him as a reserve grade player from the Raiders.

I love the aggressive nature he has though he doesnt have the size for it to be imposing.

He's coming back from a shoulder reco, i said it many times that he should start the year in cup or at least coming off the bench.

Now 4 games in many are saying he isnt fit or being the standout player we expect.

Drop him back or let him rest and fully recover.
Play the twins upfront with ese at lock.
Bash teams early and hope the bench holds it.
We seem to like this being even across the 80 yet being over the 80 on the back foot dont work.

Own the middle from the kick off and hope the bench can keep it going.

In one line you say he is injured and needs a rest and in the very next line you refer to his form as evidence that he is not the quality backrower the club thinks he is. Which is it 88?

The guy is clearly unfit and injured, what an opportunist you are. When fully fit, he is our best forward. The blokes the full package, strong, rangey, aggressive, skillful smart and fit. There's a reason Brown started him in round 1 despite him clearly needing more reco and fitness - he's our pack leader

If you're fairdinkum about judging him fairly you'll at least wait until he fit and ready to do himself justice. Right now he is doing the coach and the team a favour by playing injured

Back