Official Teams: Newcastle Knights vs Brisbane Broncos

To be honest, it's nice that we have plenty of quality options at hooker.
If none of those guys had come on as expected this year, we would be in a bad way now.
It was a gamble to sack Waddell and go with 4 rookies, but Bedsy has worked wonders with all of them.

There's no reason to drop Redman, he provided spark in attack & defended well. You need to have some accountability, why should Clydsdale automatically get his spot back when the new guy performed better? If he's good enough, he will show it in NSW Cup & get back.

Although I won't be surprised if Stone puts him straight back in as soon as he's fit, according to the injury report he has to be tested this week before knowing if he's right to go or not.

As much as I don't rate Clysdale his our incumbant hooker and well Redman has just had the 1 game off the bench.....

With six out we must be a chance against the Broncs. Sadly State of Convenience selectors have chosen Michael Morgan to replace DCE rather than Ben Hunt.

As much as I don't rate Clysdale his our incumbant hooker and well Redman has just had the 1 game off the bench.....

Yeah I completely understand, & Redman may go terrible next game. But the fact is he played better than Clydsdale has all year, as long as he keeps performing better why should he be dropped. As I said, if Clydsdale is good enough, he will get his spot back in no time.

Yeah I completely understand, & Redman may go terrible next game. But the fact is he played better than Clydsdale has all year, as long as he keeps performing better why should he be dropped. As I said, if Clydsdale is good enough, he will get his spot back in no time.

That's exactly how it should be too...

Clydesdale has had a lot of chances, and if he was going to improve one would think Bedsy is just the coach to do it. Competition between them is a great thing. Our problem there is no real competition in the halves. When Joey was young, do you think the competition from the Kimmorley twins kept him at the top of his game?

Back