NRL Round 6 - Knights V Roosters - Thursday 11th April 7:50pm - McDonald Jones Stadium

Lefty

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
After an excellent win against the Dragons, we next play a Roosters side which will be missing at least one player. Tedesco will be out due to concussion. Young should be suspended and Walker may be injured.

This game will be a good test for us.

Last edited:
AOB said Frizell is no chance this week. Didn't elaborate further but was very blunt about it.

Marzhew a chance.

Our middle went to **** when crossland came on with Brailey still on the field last night, going forward AOB needs to use him to spell Brailey only.

Lucas and KPP can both go 80 so replace Elliott with a proper forward when he needs a breather, probably croker.

Also Radley not charged so will be playing this one.
Wouldn't mind seeing a bench makeup of Crossland to cover Brailey for 20, gamble to cover Elliot at the back end of each half (having essentially two halfbacks, makes sense having a big bodied 5/8th in the mix at lock), then dsaf and Hetherington should be more than sufficient for forward rotation.

Wouldn't mind seeing a bench makeup of Crossland to cover Brailey for 20, gamble to cover Elliot at the back end of each half (having essentially two halfbacks, makes sense having a big bodied 5/8th in the mix at lock), then dsaf and Hetherington should be more than sufficient for forward rotation.
No thanks, too small. You have a forward go down in the game and all of a sudden your bench is looking terrible. I would rather Croker or even Jones.

Our middle went to **** when crossland came on with Brailey still on the field last night, going forward AOB needs to use him to spell Brailey only.

Lucas and KPP can both go 80 so replace Elliott with a proper forward when he needs a breather, probably croker.

Also Radley not charged so will be playing this one.
I hate Radley he’s such a grub

No thanks, too small. You have a forward go down in the game and all of a sudden your bench is looking terrible. I would rather Croker or even Jones.
Or Jed Cartwright. I would say Gamble would be the next man up as a if injury at hooker or halves.

We've been here before last year before the 10 game run. Game after cowboys loss up in QLD and before the infamous "How did they lose to Penrith" game.

Rooster had Tedesco out a a few others from memory, great chance to win at home and they spilt the beans with a lazy attacking game. Hoping this time they have learnt there lesson, Roosters, like Penrith, are still formidable. This time though they have WAY more out and no actual back ups to Keary with Walker and Sandon Smith out.

They'll need replacements for Walker, Tedesco, Young. But also for Manu if he moves to 5/8and Su'ailii if he moves to FB.

A state by us and putting on a decent score really needs to be achieved. "Just" winning wouldn't be enough. 2pts is 2 pts but you need to make statements against teams down on personnel.

We've been here before last year before the 10 game run. Game after cowboys loss up in QLD and before the infamous "How did they lose to Penrith" game.

Rooster had Tedesco out a a few others from memory, great chance to win at home and they spilt the beans with a lazy attacking game. Hoping this time they have learnt there lesson, Roosters, like Penrith, are still formidable. This time though they have WAY more out and no actual back ups to Keary with Walker and Sandon Smith out.

They'll need replacements for Walker, Tedesco, Young. But also for Manu if he moves to 5/8and Su'ailii if he moves to FB.

A state by us and putting on a decent score really needs to be achieved. "Just" winning wouldn't be enough. 2pts is 2 pts but you need to make statements against teams down on personnel.
They still have a good side, happy to get away with a win, I don't care what the score line is. We always play like crap vs the Roosters and Manu always has a 10 performance.

I went for a sneaky look on the Roosters forum. They are super disgusted in their coach, a lot have already conceded their seasons done, most calling for his head and not many have confidence at all against the Knights. Also, (can you believe this) there’s a consensus that they don’t have a “stacked side” despite what the rest of the nrl world believes and need to rebuild. Some thoroughly disappointed in Dom Young and how he hasn’t brought anything to the table!

I mean we can all be a bit pessimistic but I don’t normally discount our season until at least after origin.

Anyway, I agree that if we win and want to be contenders at the end of the year then we will have to put on a clinic against the Chooks.

Back