NRL Round 23 - Dolphins V Knights - Saturday 5 August 5:30pm - Optus Stadium, Perth

Should have beaten them early in the season when they were playing well … they’ve dropped off a lot since then, so we should get this one. I also feel like they don’t really have much of a home ground advantage yet … they seem to play at a different stadium every week. Not sure how they’re meant to build up a fanbase doing that.

Edit: Just saw this one is in Perth which definitely won’t help them. 😂

Plenty of Novocastrians here in Perth. I'd hope for a supporter advantage over the Dolphins.

I'm in the corner of the stadium in the bay beside the designated Knights bay, and I plan on letting everyone around know I'm there..!

I can't wait for this. Up the Knights!

Dolphins have enough experienced players in there forwards who will put a lot of pressure on our attack and KP.

Not saying we can't handle it, more can see kafusi being sent off for a dirty shot on Hastings/Gamble/KP that takes them out of the game!

As the team has shown they aren't letting complacency get them.

Dolphins have enough experienced players in there forwards who will put a lot of pressure on our attack and KP.

Not saying we can't handle it, more can see kafusi being sent off for a dirty shot on Hastings/Gamble/KP that takes them out of the game!

As the team has shown they aren't letting complacency get them.
more likely kp, uncle benny could also his mercs running at best and young all day.

I mean dolphins lost to the Dogs. We should put 70 on them!! Can’t imagine moral being super high after that loss.

Actually worried about the Dogs game the following week, think they are going to be pests especially now Kikau and possibly Thomson back as well.

Finns look they have run out of steam and are ripe for a flogging, trip to Perth won't help them either, same to us but we look a hundred times fresher and the extra days recovery helps.
Dogs could shape up as another helpful or harmful banana skin for the rest of the season.

Kikau, Thompson, Addo-Carr, Averillo at fullback, Sexton and Burton combination gaining experience in the halves. Will be a totally different game to our previous meeting, especially with the Dogs having the bye this week to regroup and us having to come back from WA.

After us they've got the Raiders and Sea Eagles where I reckon they're a fair chance of doing us a favour provided we get past them next week.

Would expect every team to try and target KP on the run home. The Raiders did try, and the extra pressure they put on him led to a lot of our points on Saturday.

The Knights have benefited from the pressure being off the last month and nobody really expecting them to make a run. Now the expectation and pressure is on them will be interesting to see how they handle that, as normally the answer is not great.

Would expect every team to try and target KP on the run home. The Raiders did try, and the extra pressure they put on him led to a lot of our points on Saturday.

The Knights have benefited from the pressure being off the last month and nobody really expecting them to make a run. Now the expectation and pressure is on them will be interesting to see how they handle that, as normally the answer is not great.
They'll all be trying to hit him as hard as they can in legal tackles - welcome to Ponga world - but I think only Souths or Sharks might give a fringe player the "Rod Reddy" task of taking his head off.

Back