Knights signing an English player

Imagine Lee, Best , Young, Hunt that's one big backline if it happens that way. Although Tuala might have something to say about that .

For sure. Must be a talent. But he will have to be a notch above a talent to dislodge our current backline choice. I hope he does as that just adds to the depth. I don’t know him from Adam
I’m sure you do, Adam is that naked bloke, hangs around with a lady called Eve with a liking for apples and asps so the other bloke is him, the pommie footballer

Whilst I don't think they are bringing him out here to slot straight in to first grade, I can't see them mucking around with him either. He must be a very good talent to bring him out so young from the UK. I think he will start out in reserves but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a shot early next season to test him out in the NRL, and who knows, may not ever go back to reserves.

From what I have seen he is clearly a talent, has decent speed, good footwork and agility, has a good pass in him and seems to have a good footy brain, not just a big brute.

Whilst I don't think they are bringing him out here to slot straight in to first grade, I can't see them mucking around with him either. He must be a very good talent to bring him out so young from the UK. I think he will start out in reserves but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a shot early next season to test him out in the NRL, and who knows, may not ever go back to reserves.

From what I have seen he is clearly a talent, has decent speed, good footwork and agility, has a good pass in him and seems to have a good footy brain, not just a big brute.

Hope we bloody have reserves next year Brother!

O'Brien was pretty excited about having a tall winger in Edrick Lee during the off season.
From memory, we spent half the off season working on getting Edrick into contests for high balls, and that was our main attacking move in rounds 1 and 2.
It won't surprise me if O'Brien wants this guy for the wing.

O'Brien was pretty excited about having a tall winger in Edrick Lee during the off season.
From memory, we spent half the off season working on getting Edrick into contests for high balls, and that was our main attacking move in rounds 1 and 2.
It won't surprise me if O'Brien wants this guy for the wing.
Young and Lee that would have to be the tallest winger combination in the comp easily i would imagine. It would be nice to have Best , Tuala , Lee, Hunt , Shiba , Young , Toa , Hoy all fighting for the 2 3 4 and 5 jumpers and among those 8 names there's not an expensive one amongst them and they are all playing good footy ..
I hope Young turns out to be a smart talented monster for us.
You know Billy if Ponga ever goes down or gets suspended i would give the first shot at F/b to Tuala . He already covers more ground than anyone on the field, he is fast, strong, fit he has a great pair of hands and he just looks to me to be a thinking footballer (Who knew lol).

Tuala isn’t a fullback :lol: dear god.

A classic centre if ever I saw one.
Well imo he would be a good fill in if something happens to Ponga he has good hands is fast and strong tackles well and already covers more ground than anyone else on the team ...You cant disagree without being an arsehole about things hey but thats what happens when toothless backwater ******s comment on things they think they know everything about.

Young and Lee that would have to be the tallest winger combination in the comp easily i would imagine. It would be nice to have Best , Tuala , Lee, Hunt , Shiba , Young , Toa , Hoy all fighting for the 2 3 4 and 5 jumpers and among those 8 names there's not an expensive one amongst them and they are all playing good footy ..
I hope Young turns out to be a smart talented monster for us.
You know Billy if Ponga ever goes down or gets suspended i would give the first shot at F/b to Tuala . He already covers more ground than anyone on the field, he is fast, strong, fit he has a great pair of hands and he just looks to me to be a thinking footballer (Who knew lol).

I'd prefer to keep Tuala at centre, personally. Think he'd make a decent go at fullback, but no point weakening one position (centre) to bolster a different position (fullback). Hoy is my logical choice as backup fullback, but think Crossland would do well there. Toa played fullback in his junior years so he'd make a go of it too.

I'd prefer to keep Tuala at centre, personally. Think he'd make a decent go at fullback, but no point weakening one position (centre) to bolster a different position (fullback). Hoy is my logical choice as backup fullback, but think Crossland would do well there. Toa played fullback in his junior years so he'd make a go of it too.

Exactly especially when it’s just a experimental purpose.

People live in fantasy land at times.

Exactly especially when it’s just a experimental purpose.

People live in fantasy land at times.

It's not fantasy land, it's just a different viewpoint. No one really knows how good he'd do at fullback until he's put there. My opinion is that it would weaken the centre position and potentially the fullback position, whereas Hoy has played fullback in firsts previously and Tuala is a proven centre. That said, Tuala at fullback and Hoy in the centres might be a revelation. I certainly don't know better than the coach though.

It's not fantasy land, it's just a different viewpoint. No one really knows how good he'd do at fullback until he's put there. My opinion is that it would weaken the centre position and potentially the fullback position, whereas Hoy has played fullback in firsts previously and Tuala is a proven centre. That said, Tuala at fullback and Hoy in the centres might be a revelation. I certainly don't know better than the coach though.

It’s fantasy land. You don’t experiment with someone who hasn’t played there when like you said you have Hoy and Toa who have and excelled through the grades there.

Pure stupidity like moving Ponga to 5/8th at this stage of his career.

Back