KNIGHT IN FOCUS: Joel Edwards

Ms.Nobody

Banned
edwardst.jpg

Note: This thread should contain discussion of only the player in focus. Include Performances and opinions of the individual.

Warning: Posts like 'Go player! *insert name*' or 'He's my favourite player' etc will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Discuss!​

I've been trying to find out if Joel is the son of former Cessnock player and coach Todd Edwards.
I know a guy who played with Todd for Cessnock who thinks he is, but he seems to base that on thinking Eddy is built like Todd and looks a lot like him.

It would explain a lot about how Eddy has always had such excellent technique if his father was a coach in the real NRL and a former player in the great Cessnock sides of the 70s.

He'll be on his way to rep honours in coming years if he keeps up. I think he may just be ineligble for Rookie of the year this year. He played 4 games in 2010 so i'm not sure. :think:

He's made a decent start to his first grade career, but still needs a bit more experience to improve. Judging by the way he's going, he's coming along nicely in that regard.

How good was his hit on Hayne last night? And that one on the warriors fullback (Locke i think his name is) a few weeks ago!? He has not put a foot wrong since making his debut last year and I would not be surprised if he wears a few rep jerseys next season.

He will certainly be a contender for Country next season, that's for sure!

He has Origin written all over him, not yet and possibly not for a few seasons but he looks built for it.

He's exactly what Newcastle is all about back in the glory days. He's tough and never gives up. I've been watching him closely the last few weeks, and in particular Saturday, where he ran directly across the field just to make a tackle. He's going to be a rep player, or very close to it

I don't care what our team looks like in 2012, Edwards has to be in the starting side.

Last edited:
He's actually pretty small considering the types of shots he makes. I mean, he's not Scott Prince sized, but he's no Dave Taylor. Even more impressive!

I don't know whether his red hair has put this in my mind but i think that he plays a lot like Fatty Vautin when he first started playing for manly....... Believe me when I say that I am complimenting him because regardless of what anyone thinks of Vautin in his media reincarnation, he was a very good player.
It would be interesting to watch some footage from Vautin's early career and compare the two.

in the beginning of the thread, somebody asked if joel edwards was the son off todd edwards, im informing you, that he is not .

Back