James Mcmanus

NF_47

GoHard|GoKnights|GoProud
Everyone is starting these threads giving good word on the players, so might aswell join in on the act. :)

He is well and truly back this year, he has been fantastic for us! Has well and truly outplayed Aku for sure, scoring some great tries, defending and also defusing bombs like a champ! Thought he was close to our best today! His runs out of our half we're excellent!

Well done Jimmy!

Yes, he certainly has outshone Aku this year hasn't he. His attack is looking back to it's best & my gosh he's safe under the highball. He's been defusing bombs like a machine!

His attack won't be back to his best until Mullen starts kicking to him instead of Uate, who by the way, is now 0/7 in attacking kicks, when will we learn

He was my favourite player on the park before he got injured, and for good reason.

You know if you send the ball his way you'll get a solid and reliable result.

Well and truly outplayed Aku?!?!

I think you are a little harsh on Aku there. Even though he isnt scoring tries at the rate he was last year (as he is getting more attention) he is still looking very dangerous every time he touches the ball, making half breaks nearly every time he runs it.

I'd put Jimmy Mac on par with Aku. I dont think he has outplayed him, but they are both playing terrific football.

Mcmanus is getting back 2009 form. And have to agree with Knights22, our halves need to start kicking more to him, to get the best out or him. Doesnt it just feel great to have two great wingers in Aku and McManus! They can only get better

Yer, Uate and McManus have both been great at defusing kicks, bar 1 against Broncos last week. Both are making big metres week in week out, and their kick returns and taking pressure off the forwards has been great. As I said other topic, I'm not liking Uates lack of wing play, seems everytime the ball goes that way he's not there, aswell as dropping every kick that's come his way so far from Mullen. But He's still looking dangerous, and the amount of times he's been held by 1 hand from making a break.

id forgotten how good he was that's for sure. The kick he did in the in goal last year was stuck in my mind for ages. But both wingers are going great guns

Aku's defence is far better at the moment, The scotsman can jump! I recall when he outjumped Greg "give me another big mac" Inglis for the ball in full stretch.
Hope he gets back to his form of 2009!

Improving week on week. Good to see him go looking for work and running with purpose too. Great stuff.

Could we be looking at a city/country take over? Mullen is probably a 100% pick for country, Houston if he doesn't make test team should be, i'm not sure whether Uate is eligible for the match? and McManus is probably one of the form wingers at the moment

He'd probably be making more breaks and having more impact if Sau occasionally passed him the footy..

wouldnt say hes back... hes getting better with his hit ups and defusing bombs but still gets caught out in defense, he will get there but he looked in no mans land and confused when the sharks scored there first try...

I'm sorry, is everyone drunk today???????

I hate to be a basher, but something has to be said here.

Mcmanus has been caught out in defence sooooo many times this year. he's had at least 4 tries scored against him. He doesn't commit in defence and gets caught in no mans land. its terrible to watch.

His attack has been good, theres no doubt. He's always been safe and a great finisher and is continuing to excel there. But to say he's outshone aku, who just about every time he gets the ball beats one or two defenders, is ridiculous. Aku may have let in a couple, but his d is much better than jimmys. He looks so much more dangerous with the ball as well.

I'm sorry, is everyone drunk today???????

I hate to be a basher, but something has to be said here.

Mcmanus has been caught out in defence sooooo many times this year. he's had at least 4 tries scored against him. He doesn't commit in defence and gets caught in no mans land. its terrible to watch.

His attack has been good, theres no doubt. He's always been safe and a great finisher and is continuing to excel there. But to say he's outshone aku, who just about every time he gets the ball beats one or two defenders, is ridiculous. Aku may have let in a couple, but his d is much better than jimmys. He looks so much more dangerous with the ball as well.

No I Don't think we are drunk cause he is playing great !!

Back