Costigan likely headed to England

Ms.Nobody

Banned
Carrying on from the Sims post, also in the Newcastle edition of the Daily Telegraph, a small snippet saying Neville Costigan unlikely to receive a new deal at Knights and will most likely finish his career in England.

Hopefully he's played his last game for us now. Korbin should play out the season, especially if he commits. The Nev investment was poor from the start. Bad luck and bad form. Was it his first or second game he did his right forearm?? Regardless, I hope he finds a home and some form and goes out on his terms. Was never meant to be.

I think in his first game he broke that arm! Just really bad luck I think. Went ok but hasn't been the same for a while.

I think in his first game he broke that arm! Just really bad luck I think. Went ok but hasn't been the same for a while.

Yep it was about 14 minutes into his first game with us!

He has tried his heart out but he has not had a very successful time at the Knights which is a shame

For all the talk of Bennett having a love affair with him, this will be the third club Bennett has got rid of him from.

I bet if Stone and Burraston were still in charge he'd have already been re-signed.

So Wayne finally gets a divorce...Sorry Nev...you'll find someone else...plenty of fish in the sea :p

Not many players will go to ESL in the future, and those that go might be young guys who are just below NRL standard who want to improve their game.

When Matt Gidley went he got as much money as he had been getting at the Knights because of the exchange rate, and SOO standard players were going.

The exchage rate has dropped dramatically, and the British economy is going down the toilet.

Just read an article on Twitter stating that The Salford City reds are in talks with an Knights "Ace" for the remainder of this year. Costigan and Cuthbertson were mentioned as possibilities.

It's interesting, it's got to be Costigan. They are just guessing though, when they say reports from Sydney. Sounds like they've just been reading us on here :p

At the time we signed him I thought he was our saviour after being in a premiership squad and QLD, but it was never meant to be he's done nothing for us. Get him out ASAP :wavehi:

It's actually McKinnon. Wouldn't say he's an ace. Apparently they were trying to sign Mullen and Stig earlier this year.

If Costigan does go before June 30th will we pick up a replacement? Hopefully!

I know he often gets bagged on here but having him for depth for the rest of the year would definetly help.
We already have 2 back rowers out for a while and if we get another couple then out stocks will start to look a bit thin! I suppose Tahu is an option if we need him there...

Last edited:
I personally can't see McKinnon leaving us for England. The bloke's only 21 playing some damn good footy in a great team, got to play Country, gets to be under one of the best coaches of all time & live in beautiful Newy stuff giving all that up to live in cold rainy England. Hopefully it's Costo and we can offload him & free up space in the cap 8)

Back