Confirmed: Knights sign Boyd for four years

Why would you be worried about Boyd not being a great try scorer? It's not like Gidley blows people away with his try scoring record, both are very similar.

Why would you be worried about Boyd not being a great try scorer? It's not like Gidley blows people away with his try scoring record, both are very similar.

Exactly. Noone needs to be worried at Boyd's try-scoring abilities haha.

Boyd is just as good down the right hand side aswell, he can link to both of the wingers.

Yeah like I said he's an awesome talent, he ticks all the boxes but he's still young and has improvement left in his game. To step up to Billy Slater's level I would just like to see Darius cross the line abit more. There's no doubt his role changed when he went to the dragons with more of a focus on his try assists but coming to Newcastle I'd like to think he could work on taking the line on abit more and building an attacking combination something similar to what Cameron Smith and Billy Slater have developed over the years in Melbourne.

Billy Slater: 198 games 121 Tries
Darius Boyd: 136 games 43 Tries

Last edited:
Darius doesn't need to be scoring tries to be an excitement for the Knights, but that will make it more better.

He is a strong ball runner though, i have no doubt he could cross for some if he put his mind to it, but obviously at the Dragons his role is provider & he does that very well.

Back