Advice needed

Should I

• Bite the bullet and pay now

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Show some pride and pay on the deadline

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Quit my job and smoke bomb the place and show up somewhere else with a new identity

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
One of my uncles used to make Coopers Pale Ale home brew when I was young, I still prefer Pale ales.

I always buy quality beers such as craft pale ales and stouts, they are much better than some of the low quality mass produced beers on the market. I will not name any brands as I don’t want to upset anyone.

I always buy quality beers such as craft pale ales and stouts, they are much better than some of the low quality mass produced beers on the market. I will not name any brands as I don’t want to upset anyone.
Name and shame @Lefty - I've probably drunk all of them at one time or another anyway mate🥴 🍻 🍻 🍻 🥴

Name and shame @Lefty - I've probably drunk all of them at one time or another anyway mate🥴 🍻 🍻 🍻 🥴
OK, when Inwas young my Dad used to be a Toohey’s New drinker, he changed to better beers later in life. Toohey’s brew it one day and it put it on a truck the next day and it tastes like it. Apart from Toohey’s Old on tap, you would have to pay me to drink any Toohey’s beers.

Great Northern and other Lagers, Carlton beers, Blonde beers and Hahn beers don’t have much taste or character. Beers like Victoria Bitter have taste but not much character, they are very one dimensional.

I think if you are going to drink a beer you should buy one with taste and character. I like pale ales, black beers and pilsners.

This is what i drank last week watching our game the beer was a lot better than our performance.
20230428_175653-jpg.6387

Attachments

• 20230428_175653.jpg
    20230428_175653.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 392
Everyday beers are for just that. Mass produced, cheaper and still hit the spot.
Craft beers are where it's at in terms of care in brewing, tastes, smell really get my mouth watering. I'll try anything once but my go to beers are usually a pale, golden, xpa, session, IPA ales. I then go pilsners, anything imported.

I do love a nice spirit too. Seems I'm an alcoholic 😂. Always in moderation I swear.

Ok, let’s get serious after tonight’s sick joke the Knights have played on us.
I made a couple of bad bets at work with a bloke that was backing the Dolphins. I’ve already lost a carton on the head to head game, and it’s looking dismal for the regular season ladder position bet now also.
To make it worse, he drinks Great Northern and it’s embarrassing to be seen buying it. I got my wife to buy the last one and she wasn’t happy about it.
Help me out please
Just for when the time comes around and you do have to do the deed...make sure you buy him the Great Northern 0% alcohol beer, when you have to cough up - If you (or your Mrs) is going to be embarrassed anyway, you might as well p!$$ him off too :p 🍻 😉

Everyday beers are for just that. Mass produced, cheaper and still hit the spot.
Craft beers are where it's at in terms of care in brewing, tastes, smell really get my mouth watering. I'll try anything once but my go to beers are usually a pale, golden, xpa, session, IPA ales. I then go pilsners, anything imported.

I do love a nice spirit too. Seems I'm an alcoholic 😂. Always in moderation I swear.
That’s a great way to explain it.
My missus and I get a couple of kid free weekends a year and generally just go to Brisbane and stay in the city. The micro breweries there are brilliant for top quality beers with a personal touch. I like a good quality stout too, there’s some rippers out there and I can’t make one.
As for the spirits, I’m working on that.

Back