2024 Ladder predictions, premiership winner, Dally M.

Grandpa Joe - Prev Lord

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
2024 Ladder predictions.

1. Panthers.
2. Knights.
3. Cowboys.
4. Storm.
5. Eels.
6. Sharks.
7. Roosters.
8. Raiders.

9. Broncos.
10. Manly.
11. Titans.
12. Warriors.
13. Rabbitohs.
14. Dragons.
15. Dolphins.
16. Dogs.
17. West Tigers.

Premiership Winner - Panthers against the Knights in a thriller. Sadly reckon 2025 is more our year.
Dally M - Ponga.

1. Panthers
2. Broncos
3. Storm
4. Knights
5. Roosters
6. Warriors
7. Eels
8. Sharks
9. Cowboys
10. Raiders
11. Souths
12. Manly
13. Dolphins
14. Titans
15. Bulldogs
16. Tigers
17. Dragons

Premiers - Broncos
Dally M - Reece Walsh

It's 2024. So I'm putting mine in.

1. Penrith - Still too consistent of a squad
2. Warriors - RTG back, squad closer then ever, coach ready to be next best in comp. lots relies on SJ health and AFB happiness
3. Broncos - Depends on Renyolds health - but cant deny the squads talent is still very high.
4. Knights - Depends on KP health and Hastings. Injury free year more important than most teams. Junior talent not ready until 25/26
5. Roosters - Major signings will either make it or bust Robinson. Cohesion key, lots of changes
6. Storm - Will slide out of 4 this yr. Still very dangerous squad. Fa'alongo to take FB spot off Meaney by years end could re-invigorate them
7. Eels - Injuries killed them last year. If they remain injury free in halves especially they'll be back up there
8. Cowboys - Drinkwater primed for big yr. They were finals bound until Val Holmes got suspended
9. Souths - *I forgot storm on original post so pushed them out of 8 - But 8th will be down to them Cows/Manly/Phins/Sharks
10. Manly - Brookes will be great for them, 25 be there big season
11. Dolphins - Could make 8 if above teams form falls or injuries strike.
12. Sharks - Could make it, but big teams missed in 23, so they'll miss 24. AFB coming 25 will fix that.
13. Raiders - Great youth, not ready though until 25/26
14. Tigers - Will improve if front office settles finally, Benji will get Buddy Sullivan humming
15. Bulldogs - No quality half. Will languish until they do regrdless of how many forwards and utilities they buy
16. Titans - Originally had them making 8 - But I think some top tier teams will surge this yr. Will lose a lot of high scoring close games
17. Dragons - Meh.

GF - Warriors - Penrith - Warriors win. (SJ age and AFB leaving going make them fall hard in years to come unless coach becomes one of the greatest coaches ever.

Clive Churchill joint winners - AFB and SJ.

Dally M - KP. Full season knowing he can/is the best. Could have multiple Dally'Ms by career finish - Lets hope the Premierships follow.

Edit - Forgot Storm - slotting them into 6th and Pushing South out of 8 - Thanks Celticman

Last edited:
It's 2024. So I'm putting mine in.

1. Penrith - Still too consistent of a squad
2. Warriors - RTG back, squad closer then ever, coach ready to be next best in comp. lots relies on SJ health and AFB happiness
3. Broncos - Depends on Renyolds health - but cant deny the squads talent is still very high.
4. Knights - Depends on KP health and Hastings. Injury free year more important than most teams. Junior talent not ready until 25/26
5. Roosters - Major signings will either make it or bust Robinson. Cohesion key, lots of changes
6. Eels - Injuries killed them last year. If they remain injury free in halves especially they'll be back up there
7. Cowboys - Drinkwater primed for big yr. They were finals bound until Val Holmes got suspended
8. Souths - I think they'll pip Manly/Phins and Sharks in a close finish.
9. Manly - Brookes will be great for them, 25 be there big season
10. Dolphins - Could make 8 if above teams form falls or injuries strike.
11. Sharks - Could make it, but big teams missed in 23, so they'll miss 24. AFB coming 25 will fix that.
12. Raiders - Great youth, not ready though until 25/26
13. Tigers - Will improve if front office settles finally, Benji will get Buddy Sullivan humming
14. Bulldogs - No quality half. Will languish until they do regrdless of how many forwards and utilities they buy
15. Titans - Originally had them making 8 - But I think some top tier teams will surge this yr. Will lose a lot of high scoring close games
16. Dragons - Meh.

GF - Warriors - Penrith - Warriors win. (SJ age and AFB leaving going make them fall hard in years to come unless coach becomes one of the greatest coaches ever.

Clive Churchill joint winners - AFB and SJ.

Dally M - KP. Full season knowing he can/is the best. Could have multiple Dally'Ms by career finish - Lets hope the Premierships follow.
Good list but no Storm

• Angry
Reactions: BTP
1. Penrith - This machine runs on spite and I’m sure they’ll find someone who “writes them off” by saying something offensive to them like “yes they’re the greatest team of the NRL era, but surely FOUR premierships in a row is impossible in a salary cap competition”.
2. Broncos - I think their losses from the first choice squad are bigger than Penrith’s (Flegler for example plays twice as many minutes as Leniu) and they won’t be able to coast as much as last year, but I do think the gap between the top two and the rest was massive last year and I don’t think they’ll come back to the pack enough to finish lower.
3. Knights - AOB finally got a decent run of games not disrupted by injury over which we built cohesion and identity. I think other teams will come after us a bit harder next year, but I think we’ll be too good at scoring points to not win about 16 games. We were actually unlucky to only win 14 last year.
4. Storm - On paper they should miss the 8, I think they’ll get towelled by some good sides, but the year will end and somehow they’ll have enough wins to finish in the top four again.
5. Sharks - Easy draw again. They’re good at scoring points. That wins you a bunch of regular season games. First week finals exit again.
6. Warriors - I don’t think they were frauds or anything, just won a couple more games than they should have. More reliant on one player than any other team but I’m gonna assume he plays most of the year again.
7. Roosters - I think there are fundamental issues with their roster they still haven’t addressed, but they show a lot of ticker and heart and have many high care factor players.
8. Cowboys - Just squeak in after a promising season is derailed by injuries and inconsistency.

9. Eels - They’re done as a contender, and I don’t really rate the coach - IMO one grand final appearance isn’t a good return after having a strong, cohesive roster and fewer injuries than every other team for about 5 years. Probably too good to keep sliding though.
10. Dolphins - Will continue to build behind what is developing into a pretty formidable pack with a potentially top tier spine. Contenders within a few seasons.
11. Titans - Des Hasler bounce. But they’ll still not be actually good. Meh, unbalanced roster and league-worst culture (tied with Wests). Des will get them humming with the ball though so they won’t be outright awful.
12. Rabbitohs - Maybe I’m overreacting, but I really think there are serious issues behind the scenes there and they’re on the slide in a big way. Demetriou won’t last the year.
13. Dragons - First of the genuinely bad teams. Probably the worst roster in the comp but they do have a dig, and Flanno should make them even tougher.
14. Raiders - If I could short any one stock in the NRL it’d be this. This is about where they should have finished last year and I hate Wighton but him walking out on them will be an issue psychologically as much as anything.
15. Sea Eagles - I don’t like predicting players will get injured, but at this stage predicting Tommy Turbo will play more than about 3 games is a bit silly. History indicates you should expect regression from a Seibold team and I don’t think an overly technical coach is the one to help Brooks improve his game. Josh Schuster may be the biggest cancer in the game and it hurts team camaraderie when a guy on huge money can’t be bothered to get his fat arse on a treadmill.
16. Tigers - One where I don’t know what people are basing predictions of decent improvement in, particularly in the short term.
17. Bulldogs - I think they were actually the worst team in the comp last year, not Wests, and should be again.

1. Penrith - This machine runs on spite and I’m sure they’ll find someone who “writes them off” by saying something offensive to them like “yes they’re the greatest team of the NRL era, but surely FOUR premierships in a row is impossible in a salary cap competition”.
2. Broncos - I think their losses from the first choice squad are bigger than Penrith’s (Flegler for example plays twice as many minutes as Leniu) and they won’t be able to coast as much as last year, but I do think the gap between the top two and the rest was massive last year and I don’t think they’ll come back to the pack enough to finish lower.
3. Knights - AOB finally got a decent run of games not disrupted by injury over which we built cohesion and identity. I think other teams will come after us a bit harder next year, but I think we’ll be too good at scoring points to not win about 16 games. We were actually unlucky to only win 14 last year.
4. Storm - On paper they should miss the 8, I think they’ll get towelled by some good sides, but the year will end and somehow they’ll have enough wins to finish in the top four again.
5. Sharks - Easy draw again. They’re good at scoring points. That wins you a bunch of regular season games. First week finals exit again.
6. Warriors - I don’t think they were frauds or anything, just won a couple more games than they should have. More reliant on one player than any other team but I’m gonna assume he plays most of the year again.
7. Roosters - I think there are fundamental issues with their roster they still haven’t addressed, but they show a lot of ticker and heart and have many high care factor players.
8. Cowboys - Just squeak in after a promising season is derailed by injuries and inconsistency.

9. Eels - They’re done as a contender, and I don’t really rate the coach - IMO one grand final appearance isn’t a good return after having a strong, cohesive roster and fewer injuries than every other team for about 5 years. Probably too good to keep sliding though.
10. Dolphins - Will continue to build behind what is developing into a pretty formidable pack with a potentially top tier spine. Contenders within a few seasons.
11. Titans - Des Hasler bounce. But they’ll still not be actually good. Meh, unbalanced roster and league-worst culture (tied with Wests). Des will get them humming with the ball though so they won’t be outright awful.
12. Rabbitohs - Maybe I’m overreacting, but I really think there are serious issues behind the scenes there and they’re on the slide in a big way. Demetriou won’t last the year.
13. Dragons - First of the genuinely bad teams. Probably the worst roster in the comp but they do have a dig, and Flanno should make them even tougher.
14. Raiders - If I could short any one stock in the NRL it’d be this. This is about where they should have finished last year and I hate Wighton but him walking out on them will be an issue psychologically as much as anything.
15. Sea Eagles - I don’t like predicting players will get injured, but at this stage predicting Tommy Turbo will play more than about 3 games is a bit silly. History indicates you should expect regression from a Seibold team and I don’t think an overly technical coach is the one to help Brooks improve his game. Josh Schuster may be the biggest cancer in the game and it hurts team camaraderie when a guy on huge money can’t be bothered to get his fat arse on a treadmill.
16. Tigers - One where I don’t know what people are basing predictions of decent improvement in, particularly in the short term.
17. Bulldogs - I think they were actually the worst team in the comp last year, not Wests, and should be again.
Your right about the mental state of Souths. Demetrious really seemed to had lost the team cohesion, which isn't hard with attitudes like Walker, Mitchell in there. The rumours of coaches letting top tier player not train so hard doesn't pain a great picture of team comradery. I just think there worst is better then the good of teams below.

Im interested if Flanno will be an encouraging coach or a cancerous one.

I'm just hopeful for Tigers fanbase. They've had a long enough horrid time.

The like of Demetrious, Stuart, Arthur and Robinson, long serving coaches at one club starting to get stale. Couple could go this year.

1 Panthers - Even with their losses, still the best team and its going to take a really good team to end their run.

2 Broncos - Like the Panthers, have lost some key players but believe they are the most likely team to end Penrith's chance of a 4 peat.

3 Warriors - Fully convinced that the Wahs will be good again this year. RTS and Capewell are handy signings and Webster looks to be the goods as coach.

4 Storm - Never write the Storm off but they aren't the Storm of yesteryear. Clearly the best spine in the game at full fitness but forwards aren't as good as they were. Faalogo my tip for rookie of the year.

5 Knights - If Dom was still with us, I'd place us in the top 4, we've finally found an identity in 2023 and believe this good form will continue in 2024 especially if KP stays on the field. Hopefully not too many injuries for us this season and can field our best 1-17 most weeks.

6 Roosters - Start the year slow as usual but time their run to make the 8 again. Have several potent weapons in their backline but spine hasn't really clicked and forwards are inconsistent.

7 Sharks - Destined for another first round exit, AFB going there in 25 will be a game changer.

8 Cowboys - Drinkwater is actually capable of winning the Dally M and think he might do it this year. Think they squeeze into the 8th spot, first round exit in 2024 for the Cowboys.

9 Dolphins - Got the makings of a very good side, I've got them just missing out on the 8 but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they do make it.

10 Eels - Premiership window been and gone, good spine and decent forwards. But outside backs is a real concern. Wouldn't be surprised if Arthur is moved on at seasons end.

11 Rabbitohs - Not sold on Demetriou as the coach for Souths yet and get the vibe their season will be a rinse and repeat of 2023. They rely way too much on talent and something isn't right there at all.

12 Sea Eagles - Good backline when everyone is fit but forward pack is suspect other than Jurbo and Olakauatu. Question marks on Seibold still.

13 Titans - Hasler going there will help and toughen them but I think there's too many good teams ahead of them to go up the ladder. Depth isn't the greatest there.

14 Raiders - Team that will slide the most, similar to us from 2021 to 2022. Plenty of young raw players along with players over the hill.

15 Bulldogs - No real halves and no direction, Crichton will bust at fullback and struggle again until they find a decent halfback and some good middles.

16 Dragons - Worst roster on paper, but Flanagan will get them going and think they will show some grind and grit that the Tigers lack. Long rebuild ahead for this club.

17 Tigers - Finally got rid of the lolcow board but will still struggle badly this year. If Api goes down at any point they are absolutely screwed. They'll struggle with him but even worse without him.

Dally M: Drinkwater

Had some fun with the Ladder predictor last night. I was honest as possible and 20 rounds in was surprised Knights were 9th until the final few home games brought us home. Hopefully in reality its not that tense and we're top 4 all year :p Dragons were 17th, just couldn't fit it in my screen shot. Rabbits, Broncos and Sharks my big fallouts this year. Broncos weary from GF and post LA bad start just didnt recover. Sharks knocked back due to better performing teams and same with Souths, I don't rate Demetrieu and team is aging.

Titans and Dolphins and Manly my big movers

I got to semi final against Roosters, be an epic game. 1st round was against Titans @ home!

1707335574455.png

Im interested if Flanno will be an encouraging coach or a cancerous one.

My brother played under him at NSW cup level before his sharks stint, even back than at Parra was widely regarded. An absolute hardarse who if you bludged at half time you'd be scared to come off for but players loved him, Brian Smith level strategist with Craig Bellamy's fire, he kept Andrew Fifita in line and one the Sharks a premiership, both hall of fame achievements for mine!

Flanno has only ever been a good coach. He made an error of judgement, frankly, the club sanctioned it and he took the fall. Everyone was in on it, not least of which were the players. Yes, it was cheating. But it was also widespread at that time and thereafter. It just went from being used systematically to personally. SARMS, Peptides less pro-hormones were being used then for performance maintenance, and I'm aware that they're still being used today by some players for recovery.

Flanno has more than paid his dues for any wrongdoing. The game needs as many quality coaches as it can get and he certainly is a quality coach.

My top 8 for the year
Warriors
Broncos
Panthers
Storm
Knights
Manly
Roosters
Cowboys

Premiers warriors think something is building there they've got really good depth
Warriors vs storm grand final
Top point scorer ponga
Dally m ponga
Top try scorer jason saab
Think the tigers will win the spoon
Raiders to be the biggest sliders
Manly to be the biggest improver

1. Warriors - SJ needs to have another great year
2. Panthers- still a force, but running out of juice slightly
3. Cows- need to ice the must win games at home
4. Knights - we need some luck with injuries, but building nicely
5. Storm- great coach , great spine, maybe lacking in forwards
6. Rorters- ageing roster with some injuries to key players will slide
7. Sharks - I don’t think Nicho is a halfback
8. Dolphins - Bennett + good recruiting
9. Parra - Premiership window just about closed
10. Broncos — who loses a GF from 16 points up with 20 mins to go. chokers
11. Souths - internal problems
12. Manly- The Siebold factor + Turbo fitness are big questions
13. Raiders- missing Wighton and some ageing forwards
14. Titans- Des might need another year to mould them to his style
15. Dogs- Frankensteins monster team less than the sum of its parts
16. Dragons.- Flanno will need more time to clean up this mess
17. Tigers- Benji not a miracle worker

Dally M Cleary
Premiers Warriors
Big improvers Cows and Dolphins
Big sliders Broncos and Souths
Spoon Tigers

Disclaimer: I did terribly at these predictions last season so WTF do I know?

Last edited:
Flanno has only ever been a good coach. He made an error of judgement, frankly, the club sanctioned it and he took the fall. Everyone was in on it, not least of which were the players. Yes, it was cheating. But it was also widespread at that time and thereafter. It just went from being used systematically to personally. SARMS, Peptides less pro-hormones were being used then for performance maintenance, and I'm aware that they're still being used today by some players for recovery.

Flanno has more than paid his dues for any wrongdoing. The game needs as many quality coaches as it can get and he certainly is a quality coach.
Yep. Call me cynical, but if you’re not cheating even a little bit, you’re not trying. It’s a great appointment for the Dragons. If they stick solid with him, they could come good again in a few years.

I’ll finish off these predictions:

Dally M: Kalyn Ponga
Rookie of the year: Deine Mariner
Coach of the year: Ivan Cleary
Premiers: Brisbane
Runners up: Newcastle 😢

Back