2019 Jersey Flegg Cup

The only players who didn't play under 20s for us last year are the halves and I can't remember if the centres did or not - and Issac Lee, so maybe 5 players who weren't part of last year's minor premiers.

Nests watene and Daniel Ticehurst come in on the bench for Brandon Russell and Kingston puru, bromage goes from bench to lock for Russell.

Searle is a tall and athletic looking half, bigger than most of the backs.
Issac lee is a head taller than any other forward.
Timanu Alexander is looking fit. Hard to see a difference to Star Toa in build. They both must have trained hard on the schoolboys tour.

Knights lost Flegg 24-18.
Penrith scored 3 quick tries in the first half on the back of a massive penalty count. The ref was one of those young guys who'll only give a penalty to the attacking side, and Penrith tried to offload every tackle, which meant they either got second phase play, or dropped the ball and got a penalty.
I counted 6 penalties to 1 in the first 20 minutes or so, and 3 tries on the back of dodgy penalties.

In the halves, Lucas seems to do most of the kicking, but Searle is a busy player who takes on the line a lot and gets stuck in in defence. At one stage he did 4 tackles in a row - most on forwards, and they weren't looking for him, he was looking for them.

Frustrating game, but we'll beat those guys under most refs.

two changes to the side - Wilkinson in for Huth at hooker and they are listing Bradman Best on the bench for Kingston Puru - but I doubt Bradman is a bench prop for this game.

1. Grant Anderson
2. Toby Marks
3. Lewis Hamilton
4. Timanu Alexander
5. Justin Worley
6. Dylan Lucas
7. Bayden Searle
8. Campbell Sheppard
25. Liam Wilkinson
10. Mathew Croker
11. Ofa Manuofetoa
12. Ben Talty
13. Nesta Watene

14. Matt Moon
15. Daniel Ticehurst
16. Joe Bromage
20. Bradman Best

They haven't updated for 20 minutes, so it must be 12-6 at halftime.
Talty seems to have gone off for HIA and not replaced so far.
Matt Croker played the first 35 - he'll probably go close to staying on all game.

12-10 to the Raiders with 20 to play - kick was missed - we seem to be playing with 12 players for some reason.
Knights try to fullback Grant Anderson - kick was missed

Back