2018 Test and T20I Series - Australia vs Pakistan

Usman Khawaja is putting on one of the best innings by an Aussie batsman in a long time

He is 122 not out from 268 balls

Australia 5/289 at tea...Going to be a very interesting last session

That is one of gutsiest performances by any team in test history

Khawaja with one of the best innings I have ever seen and Tim Paine with the definition of a captain's knock

I can't believe we survived and got a draw

That was Australia's longest ever 4th innings

In conditions of around 37 degrees + as well

Usman Khawaja total runs in this match - 226 from 477 balls

Usman Khawaja total time batting - 767 minutes (12.7 hours)

Top effort but team overall needs improving, especially batting 3-6
Absolutely, Much more improvement needed especially with a 4 test series against India coming up

The Marsh boys were really disappointing

As 2 of the more experienced players (Only Starc, Lyon, Siddle and Khawaja have played more tests) they needed to stand up and they failed badly

Mitch got 12 and 0 and Shaun was even worse with 7 and 0

Another interesting little note, Take a look at the all time leading wicket takers for Australia....Lyon could be top 4 by the end of this next test

Wickets.png

Makes me wonder how the March brothers get the nod over Peter Handscomb. He is averaging 43.6 with the bat from his 13 tests and is a first class wicket keeper as a backup.

Trust he is not a victim of the 'old boys' syndrome which made the Australian cricket team harder to get out of than into!

Makes me wonder how the March brothers get the nod over Peter Handscomb. He is averaging 43.6 with the bat from his 13 tests and is a first class wicket keeper as a backup.

Trust he is not a victim of the 'old boys' syndrome which made the Australian cricket team harder to get out of than into!

I'd have him in the squad at the very least

Has had a few failures in his last 10 test innings but I think he has improvement in him

He is 27 so he has time and he had a great JLT Cup this year finishing as the 5th highest run scorer with an average of 51.57

Different level and format but thought he was particularly good for the Vics

Worth noting his first class record and test record is pretty good

First Class Record

Games - 92
Innings - 156
Not Out - 12
Runs - 5,601
Highest Score - 215
50s - 32
100s - 13
Average - 38.89
Strike Rate - 53.97
Catches - 141

Test Record

Games - 13
Innings - 24
Not Out - 5
Runs - 829
Highest Score - 110
50s - 4
100s - 2
Average - 43.63
Strike Rate - 51.81
Catches - 22

Can't believe you would play M Marsh anywhere other than all rounder 6-7 and use his bowling or not in team, S Marsh only in for his experience but has lost it, never been consistent enough, bring Renshaw back drop Kawajah to 3, Head did enough to stay and if no one else pick 2 of the other 3 (pity it can't be Hanscomb and Maxwell)

Can't believe you would play M Marsh anywhere other than all rounder 6-7 and use his bowling or not in team, S Marsh only in for his experience but has lost it, never been consistent enough, bring Renshaw back drop Kawajah to 3, Head did enough to stay and if no one else pick 2 of the other 3 (pity it can't be Hanscomb and Maxwell)

They batted Mitch Marsh at 4 to break up the Lefties. Mitch is a number 6 or not selected.

I agree S March has lost it, he appears to be past his use by date.

Travis Head deserves more opportunities, he is a decent bowler as well.

Handscomb needs to sort his technique, he was a deer in the headlights last summer, just a cheap wicket.

Renshaw and Maxwell both deserve another chance, it is just a matter of fitting them in the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I very happy for for Khawaja, he has proved himself beyond doubt in Asian conditions.

That was Australia's longest ever 4th innings

In conditions of around 37 degrees + as well

This is a massive achievement, in 141 years since Australia first played a test match, to bat for longer than teams featuring greats such as Bradman will be a record that will last for a long time.

Hopefully this will be a turning point for Australian cricket.

Didn't notice the uniform bit but will say that it is reported that he lost weight due to an improved fitness regime, coincidence that he has achieved his greatest moment, so far. Nothing replaces hard work.
Can't remember exactly who said it, golfer I think "the harder and more I practice the luckier I become" seems about right for everything.

Didn't notice the uniform bit but will say that it is reported that he lost weight due to an improved fitness regime, coincidence that he has achieved his greatest moment, so far. Nothing replaces hard work.
Can't remember exactly who said it, golfer I think "the harder and more I practice the luckier I become" seems about right for everything.
Gary Player "the harder you work, the luckier you get"

Helps they are from WA just like the coach.

Pakistan has won the toss and will bat first

Australia

Aaron Finch
Usman Khawaja
Shaun Marsh
Mitch Marsh
Travis Head
Marnus Labuschagne
Tim Paine (c) (wk)
Mitchell Starc
Peter Siddle
Nathan Lyon
Jon Holland

Pakistan

Mohammad Hafeez
Fakhar Zaman
Azhar Ali
Asad Shafiq
Haris Sohail
Babar Azam
Sarfraz Ahmed (c) (wk)
Yasir Shah
Bilal Asif
Mir Hamza
Mohammad Abbas

Looks a good batting deck, Need to take wickets with the new ball

Average score batting first here is 402 but in the last 5 tests at this ground the team batting first has averaged a score of 506

Back