10. Jacob Lillyman
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Herman Ese’ese
14. Danny Levi
15. Chris Heighington
16. Jamie Buhrer
17. Jacob Saifiti

Sione has a minor knee issue and needs to pass a fitness test.
Brown says he will use this squad for 60 minutes and then give some of the standouts from reserve grade a run.

Browny also said first 60min will be played using the 1-17 and the last 20 we should see a few of the guys from reserve grade

They had a trial on Saturday that they won 4 tries to 2 against North Sydney, but the only player I know played is Tom Starling. The rest is a mystery.

Thanks, the nrl has not handled the transition away for the under 20s to what ever succeeds it very well.

First grade side

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3. Sione Mata’utia
4. Tautau Moga
5. Nathan Ross
6. Connor Watson
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Slade Griffin
10. Jacob Lillyman
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Herman Ese’ese
14. Danny Levi
15. Chris Heighington
16. Jamie Buhrer
17. Jacob Saifiti

Sione has a minor knee issue and needs to pass a fitness test.
Brown says he will use this squad for 60 minutes and then give some of the standouts from reserve grade a run.
i like ese at lock

Heighington must be playing prop for us than which I think is where he played last year for the sharks. I like that side a lot of size and Ese’ese has a nice offload that guys like Ponga can play off the back of. Nice to have some experienced forwards in Lillyman, Guerra, Buhrer and Heighington to guide some of the younger guys around.

Nice curveball from Brown with Ese at lock. Certainly puts some more size in the starting team. Will be interesting to see how they go. Don't really like Levi and JB on the bench, will lack impact in attack but I guess it may solidify the D at the back end of the half. But...it's only a trial.

Are we confident the Heighington And J Safiti can maintain the tempo once Dan and Lillyman go off?

The tempo will drop a little but it’s not an issue exclusive to our club have a look at a number of the sides this weekend and even a lot finals teams from last year are ligh on for bench forwards. Canberra are very light on when it comes to bench forwards and both Souths and Brisbane are light on when it comes to front rowers unless your the cowboys, Melbourne or the panthers than you have some questions around your forward pack.

Are we confident the Heighington And J Safiti can maintain the tempo once Dan and Lillyman go off?

If jacob can produce 95% of the workrate dan has shown to be able to do then we shouldnt have a problem.
Heighington does a job everytime he runs onto the field, u dont play 300+ games in the nrl for not putting in.
Id also say Ese will stay on field longer at the first interchange of forwards to keep us going forward.

If jacob can produce 95% of the workrate dan has shown to be able to do then we shouldnt have a problem.
Heighington does a job everytime he runs onto the field, u dont play 300+ games in the nrl for not putting in.
Id also say Ese will stay on field longer at the first interchange of forwards to keep us going forward.

Took the words out of my mouth. I really like Ese at lock smart move imo Barnett will be better on an edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like Ese'Ese at Lock. Though, I think it goes without saying that once Barnett is fit to take his place in the starting side, it will be at 13.

Ese'ese will likely move to the bench? Seems as though Lillyman has the starting spot locked up along side Dan

Buhrer to the bench is confusing as it seems to conflict with Brown's recent decision to appoint him captain

And that then leaves Jsaf and Heighington to fight it out for the 4th prop position?

Strong looking team

Took the words out of my mouth. I really like Ese at lock smart move imo Barnett will be better on an edge

Barnies skillset seems better suited to the edge.. He's my first pick in the backrow. So let's say he moves to the edge, who makes way?

I'd actually like that team. But I have a feeling that Ese'ese to 13 is just to have him start in the middle of the field for the trial. We shouldn't just assume it means he displaces Barnie

Nice curveball from Brown with Ese at lock. Certainly puts some more size in the starting team. Will be interesting to see how they go. Don't really like Levi and JB on the bench, will lack impact in attack but I guess it may solidify the D at the back end of the half. But...it's only a trial.

Buhrer would be on the bench due to Brown rewarding Fitz.
Come rd1 Buhrer will be in the starting side.
Fitz may keep his edge spot with Buhrer at lock come rd1.
Barnett either on the bench or reserves until he gets fit or injury hits.

Barnies skillset seems better suited to the edge.. He's my first pick in the backrow. So let's say he moves to the edge, who makes way?

I'd actually like that team. But I have a feeling that Ese'ese to 13 is just to have him start in the middle of the field for the trial. We shouldn't just assume it means he displaces Barnie

Buhrer or Barnett to the bench. Either way I'd be happy but I think Buhrer will be benched as a utility/2rf

Back