2018 Intrust Super Premeirship

48 tackles 0 missed for Randall and 10 runs for 64 metres - along with a try and a try assist.
I don't even really know who he is, but I suspect he'll be in the side for the rest of the season.

With Starling injured after 30 seconds we really shouldn't have had a chance in that game, except it looks like randall had the game of his life.

Stone turning in good stats each time, bit of a forgotten player due to those in 1sts playing well. Looks like Randall had a good game and Lillyman and JSaf played good minutes

I wonder if Christopher Randall is related to Chad Randall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johns 'Not Pressured' by Family Ties

Andre Cupido (Twitter: @AndreCupido10) & Ryan Selvage (Twitter: @RyanSelvage)
Mon 14 May 2018, 10:55 PM

He holds one of the most revered surnames in the history of the game, but budding Newcastle Knights five-eighth Jack Johns is focused only on making a name for himself.

The 20-year-old son of Knights legend Matthew – and nephew to the game's eighth Immortal, Andrew – is looking to cement himself as a regular in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW.

And given the Knights' improved showings in recent weeks, it's clear he is not feeling the pressure of the 'Johns' tag.

"It's not too bad because I get people asking me that question all the time, so when I think about the people that think I've got so much pressure on me, in a way it takes it off," Johns tells NSWRL.com.au.

"My brother (Cooper) plays along with it, and we use it as a bit of motivation ... we're pretty competitive. [Our teammates] have a laugh with each other about it, I don't see it as pressure or as a bad thing at all."

Turning out in Round 10 of the Intrust Super Premiership NSW for what was his fourth game in the competition this season, Johns played an instrumental role in the Knights' 28-22, come-from-behind victory over the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.

Displaying composure and confidence well beyond his years in the crucial stages of the second half, Johns proved pivotal in the Knights overturning an early 10-0 deficit.

"The physicality of it all – you have to work on your defence a lot but usually that's been a strong part of my game," Johns says of the challenges of the Intrust Super Premiership NSW.

"Coming from the (Jersey Flegg Cup), this year my defence hasn't been as good ... so it's definitely something I have to work on."

But playing against the 'bigger boys' is something Johns is not new too.

Chosen to represent Italy in the 2017 Rugby League World Cup – all before he'd had a chance to play week-to-week open-aged football – 'Cobber' described the Test experiences as the "best he's ever had".

"When you work with great players and a fullback of Teddy's (Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues Incumbent, James Tedesco) kind... unless you are a fullback yourself you can't really learn in between positions," Johns says of playing with the Azzurri.

"As a half, it was good to get an opinion off him and see what I can do [for myself] and what I can do better for him, and other fullbacks out the back."

Johns and the Newcastle Knights will be hoping to record their first consecutive wins of the 2018 Intrust Super Premiership NSW season, set to take on the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at North Sydney oval in Magic Round.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/05/14/johns-not-pressured-by-family-ties/

Sunday May 20 – Round 11 ISP
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights
ISP kick-off: 1pm
Venue: North Sydney Oval

Team

1.Brent Naden
2. Tom Hughes
3. Matt Allwood
4. Brayden Musgrove
5. Cory Denniss
6. Jack Johns
7. Jack Cogger
8. Tyrone Amey
9. Chris Randall
10. Jacob Lillyman
11. Sam Stone
12. Brodie Jones
13. Luke Yates

14. Christian Hazard
15. Pasami Saulo,
16. Pat Mata'utia
17. Zac Hosking

18. Tori Freeman-Quay
19. Faitotoa Faitotoa

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au...ound-11-reserve-grade-and-jersey-flegg-sides/

PREVIEWS | ISP Rd 11

Andre Cupido (Twitter: @AndreCupido10)
Thu 17 May 2018, 05:00 PM

North Sydney Oval
Sunday, 20 May 1pm

The Bulldogs have had two nail-biting performances over the past fortnight but were last week unable to capitalise on their 18-6 half-time lead, with a late Darren Nicholls field goal proving the difference in their 21-20 loss on Saturday afternoon.

Having clawed back from the jaws of defeat in Round 9, thanks to starring performances from Josh Cleeland and Renouf To'Omaga, the Bulldogs dropped to fourth spot on the competition ladder with their last-start defeat.

Expect a commanding performance from the Bulldogs forward pack this weekend, with Ofahiki Ogden the only Bulldogs forward to run for over 100 metres last week. Coach Steve Georgallis can bank on his back five to work hard out of their own end, with all players in the backline cracking the triple-figure mark in Round 10.

While the Knights have endured a tough start to their season and sit second-last on the competition ladder, they will be full of confidence after a valiant 28-22 victory over the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.

Recording just their second win of the season following a 23-all draw with the Roos a week earlier, the halves pairing of Jack Johns and Jack Cogger proved instrumental in their victory and will certainly be vying for consistency against one of the competition heavyweights.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/05/17/previews--isp-rd-11/

Reserve Grade match preview: Round 11

Newcastle Knights
Fri 18 May 2018, 02:41 PM

Reserve Grade match preview: Round 11

Date: Sunday, May 20
Time: 1pm

Team

1. Brent Naden, 2. Tom Hughes, 3. Matt Allwood, 4. Brayden Musgrove, 5. Cory Denniss, 6. Jack Johns, 7. Jack Cogger, 8. Tyrone Amey, 9. Chris Randall, 10. Jacob Lillyman, 11. Sam Stone, 12. Brodie Jones, 13. Luke Yates. Interchange: 14. Christian Hazard, 15. Pasami Saulo, 16. Pat Mata'utia, 17. Zac Hosking, 18. Tori Freeman-Quay, 19. Faitotoa Faitotoa.

The nib Newcastle Knights Reserve Grade side is hoping they've got their winning formula back after finally recording a draw and a win in the last two weeks.

New coach Rory Kostjasyn has welcomed back handy try scorer Tom Hughes from injury, and believes he'll be a valuable inclusion for their clash with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs on Sunday.

"It's good to see Tom back from injury and he'll be very keen to get back on the field and hopefully score some tries," Kostjasyn said.

Jack Cogger and Jack Johns will again pair in the halves after a polished performance last week.

"I thought last week they were really good together, Coggs really steered the ship for us and Jack (Johns) really backed his ability because he is a good runner with the footy," added the ISP coach.

"It's good to see those guys combining together well and I'm looking forward to them building on that this week."

Luke Yates will also make his way back to Reserve Grade to start at lock, after a couple of games in first grade.

"He provides a lot of energy and a fair bit for us defensively and is very good in his first contact," Kostjasyn commented.

"He probably wishes he was still in first grade at the moment but if he works hard enough, I'm sure he'll earn his opportunity back."

Sitting fourth on the table, the Bulldogs will be a tough challenge defensively.

"They're going pretty well, they have a very big forward pack and (Michael) Lichaa at nine so it will be a big job for us defensively and on the back of that, they've got (Fa'amanu) Brown who has played a fair bit of first grade and is a dangerous outside back."

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2018/05/18/reserve-grade-match-preview-round-11/

Mitch Andrews only had 7 runs for 65 metres in our win last week, but Toohey said in his article today that he broke his arm in the first minute, so played 79 minutes in our win with a broken arm.

Lot's of changes.
Matt Cooper in for Denniss on the wing. He hasn't played much, or any, wing, so interesting to see how he goes.
Bobby Tracey in for Lillyman.
Hazard in for Cogger.
Freeman-quay and Roqica join the bench.

Hazard and Johns in the halves looks a bit of a weak combination.

1.Brent Naden
2. Tom Hughes
3. Matt Allwood
4. Brayden Musgrove
20. Matt Cooper
6. Jack Johns
14. Christian Hazard
8. Tyrone Amey
9. Chris Randall
21. Bobby Treacey
11. Sam Stone
12. Brodie Jones