Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danny Buderus

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Andrew Dunemann

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
If we get rid of Bennett then he will just take up the broncos position immediately, so stone finishes bottom four while Bennett's coaching finals footy. Make Bennett see out the year, the failure of this season is Bennetts burden to bear not stones.

If we get rid of Bennett then he will just take up the broncos position immediately, so stone finishes bottom four while Bennett's coaching finals footy. Make Bennett see out the year, the failure of this season is Bennetts burden to bear not stones.

Yeah, good point. You just changed my mind :) I take back my last statement lol...

Spoke to my Dad earlier who is a lifelong Dragons fan (Since 1965 when he was 6 years old) and told him Bennett is going to the Broncos

His Reaction "You fuc*ing beauty, Thank Christ for that" :lol:

I wonder if we appoint Brennan whether we may be able to sign Mckendry for next season?

Unlikely. The reason that broke down is that the NRL changed the qualification period for the long serving player allowance which made McKendry eligible (the only one at the Panthers). As such, he counts for $200k less under the cap which is a deal the Panthers don't want to lose.

I've had a gutful of this man who believes he can do whatever he wants, but it's true, Bennett could lead a team to a wooden spoon 10 times in a row but still would be hailed as a "supercoach". Get rid of this man and bring in Stone.

broncos.jpg

Back to tha Bronco's ---My precious

Please not another "top coach".

Was thinking the same thing!

I think we're done with that. No more paying top coaches to come here, it's always gonna be about the money. Give a coach that actually has passion and loyalty to the club and considers it an honour to coach Newcastle (ie Stone, Brennan) and back him all the way. If Koukash does get on board I hope that's exactly what happens.

wayne bennett I beg you to please LEAVE our club now! if you were any other coach you would be shown the door.

The big question is what happens with support staff - specifically Hickmans. He does half the coaching job for Bennett, and I can't see him staying, or our new coach wanting him.
Some of the other people might stay.

Knights support Bennett

Mon 21st July, 02:30PM

The Newcastle Knights remain focussed on a positive end to season 2014 following coach Wayne Bennett’s decision to join the Brisbane Broncos in 2015.

“We all knew where we stood with Wayne and he has our very best wishes,” CEO Matt Gidley said on Monday.

“Our focus is on our home game against the Roosters this Friday night and returning to the good form we displayed prior to yesterday's match.”

The Club is working through the process of the coaching position for next season and will share any updates when appropriate.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/07/21/knights_support_bennett_s_decision.html

Last edited:
I think Phil Coles was brought in by Tinks so hopefully he'll stay.

Duthie seemed to be a well liked staff member with the boys, is he still there? He'll probably take back over from Hickmans. Billy Pedan and Craig Smith both have strong S&C experience now.

I'm hoping Bedsy will join the staff higher up in the ranks too.

Our new owner will hopefully look after that and make sure we have the best on board.

I'd much rather see the words "effective immediately". He's brought our club to the ground. He doesn't give two sh*ts about the players, fans or culture.

Leave now, take your pet Boyd and Walters with you and stay away from our juniors.

Small thing that's really bugged me... Bennett already saying "we have enough fullbacks" when talking about the Broncos already, what a joke he's become. Would rather Kurt become captain-coach before Wayne spends another day in Newcastle.

Should we consider Griffin ??

Now Bennett knows where he is going I think we really need to cut him now ......

I doubt the Broncos will want Willie and now I think Hannant isn't going any where ......

I doubt they will take Gagai or BJ either surely they have no cap space .......

Reports are Josh McGuire is on the outer now Hannant is staying and NRL clubs are circling.

The only reason I think Wayne has to stay as much as I don't want him to, it'd be unfair on Stone to takeover now while we're at rock bottom, would hate for it to effect his chances if they boys don't get up for another win this year, would rather that goes on Bennett's record.

Back