2014 Jerseys

thankyou some people agree with the concept of having some pink and for me it's not really about it being pink it's just showing we give a damn about the women in our league and showing we'll support and join in with nrl and the funds(or half or whatever) of the shirts could actually be put in to help the women in league, i just think why not, it's not killing anyone to wear pink, all so the one off indigenous jersey was amazing wish we kept it.

I have to agree with Jekk, the pink jerseys are such a token gesture, they don't really do a lot. I actually find the whole women in league round a bizzare concept, to be honest.

the nrl are getting to a point of just looking like they don't care about it admittedly and in general i think they're starting to not care about "special" rounds, i would just like to see us supporting a cause instead of just ignoring it.

Would also love an Indigenous jersey to make a comeback.

If we were going to have a new away jersey, I'd love to see something similar to the 2003 World Sevens jumper, loved this kit as a kid
w7qf-01.jpg

Will also be interested to see if we have a special strip for the Nines comp. maybe something like our 96 Sevens jumper, really liked it as well
w7f-08.jpg

I love our home & away jersey ! I think we have some of the best looking Jersey's in the comp ! it looks neat and the sponsers dont loo untidy and the colours go well ! But with the WOMEN IN LEAUGE round I'm all for it , I think its a great concept and great to show abit for the women who deserve nthing but respect ! Same as the indigenous round ! even though we had the training gear I would of perferrred to see a jersey

But for our 2014 away jersey im sure it will look great !

Will also be interested to see if we have a special strip for the Nines comp. maybe something like our 96 Sevens jumper, really liked it as well
w7f-08.jpg

That was our 1995 World Sevens jersey, but I agree. I loved that one, and still wish I'd bought one when they were available. Unfortunately, I was 14 then, and $80 was hugely expensive for me as a 14yr old. I'd be nice if jerseys went back to being $80 again ... but that's another topic for another day.

Here's an idea for a new alternate jersey that I came up with a couple of months ago:
NKaltjerseyidea.jpg

It's basically the current alternate jersey, but with it being closer to the main jersey.

That was our 1995 World Sevens jersey, but I agree. I loved that one, and still wish I'd bought one when they were available. Unfortunately, I was 14 then, and $80 was hugely expensive for me as a 14yr old. I'd be nice if jerseys went back to being $80 again ... but that's another topic for another day.

I've seen a few of these jerseys pop up on eBay every now and then. I picked one up for about $50 earlier this year.

I've seen a few of these jerseys pop up on eBay every now and then. I picked one up for about $50 earlier this year.

Got a pic?

It was definitely 1996 btw ... the year we won! 1995 we wore out usual home jersey, without a sponsor, because we hadn't signed Stockland as a major sponsor yet.

Quite right. I got myself mixed up there for a moment. The ARL badge on the chest (no Optus logo surrounding it) also threw me off.
Either way, I've always loved that jersey. That other one (with Steve Simpson in the photo) was from 2003. I am happy to say I own one of these ones!

So just got an email from the club, as I'm sure everybody else has and I'm pretty happy with some of our merch on there for next year. Looks good!

I'm happy with all the new player merch, the singlets and polos are nice. I like the use of charcoal instead of that really light awful grey they had in 2012.

Here's the link for those who haven't seen them yet

https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=productlisting&CategoryID=2434&OrgID=8106

I hope they bring out some good 2014 fan clothing too, the hoodies last year I think it was were cool but the rest of the stuff was average. New hoodies/caps/shirts would be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, saw on Twitter thanks to MS that the Knights have confirmed we'll get info about our new away jersey and our Auckland 9's jersey in the coming weeks

New training gear looks really good. Intrigued to see the away and 9's kits, I'm sure they'll have whipped up something good.

I like our current away jersey. Hopefully it doesn't go from good to bad. Have something similar, just make it good.

The Jets fans got to vote for their away jersey this year, I hope we get to do something like that, that's why they're taking so long to announce something.

This is what they had to choose from

0_0_600_0_70_http---i.haymarket.net.au-News-NJ13-Away-Jersey-OPTION 3.jpg

0_0_600_0_70_http---i.haymarket.net.au-News-NJ13-Away-Jersey-OPTION 1.jpg

0_0_600_0_70_http---i.haymarket.net.au-News-NJ13-Away-Jersey_OPTION 2.jpg

I like the simpleness of the last one, wouldn't mind that at all. Or change the green or charcoal one to white with a red and blue strip. Several teams don't have white aways so there's a chance we could be going for a charcoal since it's a main colour in all the training gear too? The all red away is still one of my favourites too. But I'm sure it will be a white away once again.

Last edited:
We might go down memory lane and match our home jersey's vertical heritage but modernise it a bit. I found a design someone did a few years ago and I've just upgraded it

hjhjhj.jpg

Back