12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Watson
15. Fitzgibbon
16. D. Saifiti
17. J. Saifiti

18. Levi

Hard to change a winning team, but:
- Lamb should be five-eighth. Need another playmaker/kicker to take pressure off Pearce and help our attack.
- Watson bench hooker for now with Levi chomping at the bit behind him.
- Buhrer should never play lock. Offers no go forward. He should be a skilful edge backrower like he was at Manly where he easily played his best.
- If anyone spells Barnett at lock, play Guerra there with Fitzgibbon replacing him.
- Nothing against Heighington, but have the youthful/impactful J. Saifiti over him off the bench.

Lol dropping fitzy have you watched us last 12 months.

Nah he probably sees we won and isnt fussed about locals first.

Lord, it's one thing for there to be people who are anti-import, but let's not disregard a guy just because he's a local. Just because he's a local doesn't mean he must be bad & only picked because he's a junior. Watson deserves his shot & will get a fair chance over the coming weeks & months, but having an objective view shows that we undoubtedly looked slicker with Lamb at 6 at least in the 1 game we've had so far.

As long as we're winning no problems, but very soon a time will come when we aren't getting so lucky, aren't getting the calls, aren't winning games. At that stage, it will be time to answer the question if Lamb is indeed the better option for our offensive game going forward.

You guys are kidding what we have is working and at the moment Watson is our best option and will get better. Thankfully Brown wont rush changes for the sake of it.

Jeez some of you need to chill out and give Watson more of a chance than just 1 game.. He didn't even play bad ffs

How is it that Watson deserves every chance - even if it means we lose games - but Lamb deserves nothing?
Did I miss the memo that said "it's all about Watson".
I could understand it if he were a 19 year old with unlimited potential like Ponga, but he is 2 years older than Lamb and will never be more than a decent utility. In fact, Lamb has much, much more potential and by any balanced and fair appraisal, deserves to be nurtured far more.

The only argument that makes any sense is that Brown wants to play a certain style of football, and a running 5/8 is crucial to that. If that is what Brown is thinking, fair enough. But the argument that Watson deserves a chance above Lamb is nonsense. If anything, the younger player with more potential is the one who more deserves to be nurtured.

Hahaha was Lamb that much better due to no factors? Or was he better due to a tired team infront of him?

I think Lamb is the better half, though i dont pick the side or 100% know the direction the team is aiming for.

I know id have Levi at 14 over Lambe though.
I'm going to go with no factors..... Nobody was tired out there were they? I dunno the direction either but from the outside looking in it seems Watson is the best utility we have. I'm stuck at who becomes our 9.

Unsure if Brown is looking for an 80 minute hooked or what just yet.

How is it that Watson deserves every chance - even if it means we lose games - but Lamb deserves nothing?
Did I miss the memo that said "it's all about Watson".
I could understand it if he were a 19 year old with unlimited potential like Ponga, but he is 2 years older than Lamb and will never be more than a decent utility. In fact, Lamb has much, much more potential and by any balanced and fair appraisal, deserves to be nurtured far more.

The only argument that makes any sense is that Brown wants to play a certain style of football, and a running 5/8 is crucial to that. If that is what Brown is thinking, fair enough. But the argument that Watson deserves a chance above Lamb is nonsense. If anything, the younger player with more potential is the one who more deserves to be nurtured.

He deserves a chance because he's played one game, one we didn't lose.

He deserves a chance because he's played one game, one we didn't lose.
Cut and paste till we lose - then we panic and make wholesale changes?
I think i'd prefer the coach looks at the game and makes any changes he thinks will improve the squad, win or lose.

Lol dropping fitzy have you watched us last 12 months.

Love Fitzgibbon, but it’s threefold:

1) He’s no doubt starter quality, but he would provide great impact off the bench for us.

2) Brown’s not benching Guerra (not round 2 anyway) and he wouldn't offer much coming off the bench.

3) Most importantly, Buhrer needs to start second row IMO. He’s wasted playing lock off the bench. He was a quality 80 minute second rower on that right fringe for Manly. No idea why we’re not playing him there. He’s never touched that form playing anywhere else. It’s a square peg in a round hole with Buhrer right now. We’re not getting the best out of him. That’s what I’m trying to do here.

Last edited:
We won rd1 ffs, how bout let the 17 that won that game run out as is and find a groove.

All this talk of stability in the team will help win games has quickly been brushed aside.
We didnt win 12 games in 3yrs, now winning 12 is a bare minimum and whole sale changes weekly is needed to please the people.

Fark its hard.

Lol. Drink some cement and harden up mate. Wouldn’t be much of a forum if everyone just agreed with every team decision and there was no open discussion or differing opinions.

I agree there won’t be any changes, nor should there be after winning, but everything I’m proposing I proposed before round 1. My opinion hasn’t changed because of a golden point victory – it sticks because I genuinely think we would operate best that way.

Also, I would rather be proactive than reactive. If I think improvements can be made, I’m making them, I’m not waiting for the wheels to fall off.

Back