Your forum needs you (or Nathan Tinkler)

member 2299

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Hmm, hosting is in US, email is new zealand....dodgy!

I have in previous years used an ISP based in Cocos Island with a cc ident and the service centre was in Nicaragua!

Kurriboy

Matthew Gidley
Hmm, hosting is in US, email is new zealand....dodgy!

I have in previous years used an ISP based in Cocos Island with a cc ident and the service centre was in Nicaragua!

Ha, getting dodgier lol.

I dont think we are going to have any drama getting this one paid.

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
How far are we off now? Or we blitzed it?

$141, so I think that's close enough to say we've made it! Thanks so much everyone!!! :D

If you're wondering about this huge cash grab by me, I do pay for the domain names (marathonstadium.com and 1988knights.com) every year, and I think I'll buy another year's license and upgrade the forum software this year, because we are a bit out of date. So I really appreciate the help with the hosting bill. :)

That's my story anyway ...

(Boards plane to Cayman Islands)

Kurriboy

Matthew Gidley
$141, so I think that's close enough to say we've made it! Thanks so much everyone!!! :D

If you're wondering about this huge cash grab by me, I do pay for the domain names (marathonstadium.com and 1988knights.com) every year, and I think I'll buy another year's license and upgrade the forum software this year, because we are a bit out of date. So I really appreciate the help with the hosting bill. :)

That's my story anyway ...

(Boards plane to Cayman Islands)

Lol. No dramas on the costs. I know the actual hosting fee is only part of the costs.

Enjoy your holiday :lol:

Still_Nutty

Steve Southern
Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!.........
upload_2021-3-3_13-32-58.png

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
Just FYI everyone, I might try and do the software update on Easter Friday ... that way if anything goes wrong, I still have three more days off work to fix it up ... and another three days to tweak things once it's installed, as well.

We ended up with $40 US towards the $55 for the upgrade, so I'm happy to chip in the last bit! :D Thanks again to everyone who donated, it's really heartwarming ... especially since I haven't been active on the forum for a few years, so cool to see people are still here enjoying it.

Lefty

Clint Newton
I have been addicted to this forum for 12 years. I check it multiple times each day. I don’t always comment but it is a great source of information and views.

Thanks James for everything you have done for this forum over the years!

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
I have been addicted to this forum for 12 years. I check it multiple times each day. I don’t always comment but it is a great source of information and views.

Thanks James for everything you have done for this forum over the years!

I think rhugh's been the main man for most of that time tbh, hope he returns soon! :)