Will Smith Signs with Panthers

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by Ms.Nobody, Jun 25, 2013.

1. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    Did you not read that first bit Junior? Cartwright would of debuted by now if it weren't for the second tier cap being so full for the Panthers this year already. This is a guy who is 2 years the junior of Clydsdale...

We shall wait and see but this group of juniors is the best group I have seen come through at the one club in the last 15 years easy. Besides I never said that they would lead them to a premiership but they will play a part in it that's for sure. The signings that gus and clearly have made for the long term have been top quality as well (Segeyaro, Taylor, Roberts etc).

- - - Updated - - -

True, I should know by now on what I'll get from Junior if ever I talk up a player/s at a different club in context to the thread. Lol.

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Not a big fan of Gould, but he is doing exactly the right things at Penrith.
    I think we have started to do the same here with the extra money being put into juniors, but Penrith are 3 to 5 years ahead of us.
    I think teams should be rewarded for putting money into juniors. Local juniors should get salary cap concessions.

3. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    Na I have to disagree on salary cap concessions for local juniors. All sorts of problems would arise from that imo.

Things like it benefits clubs with a larger junior base i.e. knights, panthers, broncos, cowboys etc.

But it could also hinder those clubs as they could manage that situation poorly and pay a lot more then they could afford to the local juniors and go into serious debt.