vBookie: 2014 STATE OF ORIGIN - QLD VS NSW - GAME 3

It's happened before where we just fallout in game 3 after winning the series.

In 2003, after winning the first two matches we lost 36-6 in game 3.

QLD deserve this win, Congratulations to them

They were very good and we were poor

Few things

1. Our Halves have been poor, The kicking game was average at best

2. Gallen tries hard but the silly errors (3 tonight) have cost us

3. James Tamou is a good prop but he doesn't seem to do much at all (5 runs for 37m) he wasn't the only one though

4. Our halves have given away 5 penalties and missed 8 tackles between them tonight

5. 12-5 penalty count to QLD killed us

6. NSW have missed 22 tackles to QLD's 8

7. NSW have made 1,008m compared to QLD's 1,652m

8. Refs were average but it didn't really impact the result, QLD were far better tonight

9. QLD had 7 linebreaks to NSW's 2 linebreaks

10. QLD have made 17 offloads to NSW's 5

11. QLD had 23 tackle breaks to NSW's 8

12. McManus, Tupou and Morris all made under 70m each

13. Gallen and Hoffman were the only 2 forwards to make 100m + for NSW tonight

14. NSW had to make 72 more tackles than QLD tonight

If we lost the series, Hodkinson and Reynolds would be getting just as much hate as Pearce and Maloney...

Well it'll be awkward to see Gal lift the trophy infront of a Queensland crowd who just won.

There has been far worse than this in just the past 6 years in fact:

2008 game 2: 30-0 loss
2010 game 2: 34-6 loss
2013 game 2: 26-6 loss

Didn't start watching footy until late 2008 so didn't see that game.
Don't remember much of the '10 series as it was poor all round.
Game 2, 2013 had 20 points in it compared to 24 points tonight.

From the first whistle Queensland were playing better and we gave away WAY too many penalties. It wasn't just a bad finish. We were horrendous in MY opinion.

Knights boys did well, Scott had a good game, Boyd got more involved off the wing than usual, McManus made some good try-savers & catches, almost cost a try by running out of the line & conceded a try due to the NSW line not being wider, but overall had a good game.

McManus was good for first 10 minutes but terrible for the rest, didn't deserve the spot from the start.

Didn't start watching footy until late 2008 so didn't see that game.
Don't remember much of the '10 series as it was poor all round.
Game 2, 2013 had 20 points in it compared to 24 points tonight.

From the first whistle Queensland were playing better and we gave away WAY too many penalties. It wasn't just a bad finish. We were horrendous in MY opinion.

I think it was worse than those losses given NSW were the series victors and should have been asserting a bit of dominance over Queensland. Instead they got destroyed.

Still, they have the shield! Need new halves and a much improved forward pack next year, though.

Funny seeing Gallen take the trophy in front of the crowd booing him :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was worse than those losses given NSW were the series victors and should have been asserting a bit of dominance over Queensland. Instead they got destroyed.

Still, they have the shield! Need new halves and a much improved forward pack next year, though.

That 34-6 loss was the worst I have ever seen from NSW. You can say we should of won tonight but cmon saying this loss is worse than any of the 2010 matches is not real right as in game 3 2010 QLD didn't try but still got the win!

Funny seeing Gallen take the trophy in front of the crowd booing him :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

That 34-6 loss was the worst I have ever seen from NSW. You can say we should of won tonight but cmon saying this loss is worse than any of the 2010 matches is not real right as in game 3 2010 QLD didn't try but still got the win!

2010 was a write off. Just my opinion.

2001 were the worst losses for NSW ever imo ... that was a horrible series.

McManus was good for first 10 minutes but terrible for the rest, didn't deserve the spot from the start.

Terrible? He made 1 real bad decision, arguably 2 if you count the fact the whole NSW line wasn't wide enough, terrible is the wrong word though. He didn't do anything else wrong.

You sir are silly, one of NSW best players, made one error in the end he had 3 qlds running at him and nsw were short, intercept was all he could of done.

Deserved his spot, played great and didnt even get the ball unless he was running it out from nsw 20m

how many wingers can play well and not get any ball??

what did the other winger and centres for nsw do? dugan took a good catch, scored a decent try that was a set play but besides that he ran sideways

2010 was a write off. Just my opinion.

2001 were the worst losses for NSW ever imo ... that was a horrible series.

Can't judge of the 2001 series with me being 3 years old and all but looked up the results, they are pretty bad...

2010 for me wasn't as much of a write off than any other year. This year I was the least confident I have ever been but the boys proved me wrong. No year is a write off unless you believe it will be one :)

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible? He made 1 real bad decision, arguably 2 if you count the fact the whole NSW line wasn't wide enough, terrible is the wrong word though. He didn't do anything else wrong.

Not terrible in the sense of Steve Turner or David Williams but still pretty bad in my eyes of doing nothing.

Here's my reasoning for me thinking he did nothing whatsoever after the 10 minutes

- Only made 36m from 6 runs all from high ball returns
- Only made 2 tackles
- That's all he did

Didn't offer anything to the team besides the one try saver. You could say he didn't get much ball or it was a safe performance but really he could of tried to get more involved and Mr reliable backs aren't really suited to origin in my opinion, need the flashy wingers like Taufua or Mansour. This is all my opinion so you can have yours but since he didn't offer anything that's why I'm calling it a bad performance.

- - - Updated - - -

You sir are silly, one of NSW best players, made one error in the end he had 3 qlds running at him and nsw were short, intercept was all he could of done.

Deserved his spot, played great and didnt even get the ball unless he was running it out from nsw 20m

how many wingers can play well and not get any ball??

what did the other winger and centres for nsw do? dugan took a good catch, scored a decent try that was a set play but besides that he ran sideways

Sorry mate calling me a moron won't get you anywhere. In my opinion he didn't offer anything with 36 m ran and only 2 tackles made. Sure it was a safe performance but certainly not one of NSW's best.

On the topic of Dugan he played great, making 118 m from 11 runs, making 15 tackles, 4 tackle breaks and 1 line break. Had 2 errors but other than that a top performance.

Ehh, we won the series. But the lose and Queensland crowd really killed the celebration.

Would have enjoyed for more youth to be injected into the team. Although most of the team are young anyways :lol:

Not terrible in the sense of Steve Turner or David Williams but still pretty bad in my eyes of doing nothing.

Here's my reasoning for me thinking he did nothing whatsoever after the 10 minutes

- Only made 36m from 6 runs all from high ball returns
- Only made 2 tackles
- That's all he did

Didn't offer anything to the team besides the one try saver. You could say he didn't get much ball or it was a safe performance but really he could of tried to get more involved and Mr reliable backs aren't really suited to origin in my opinion, need the flashy wingers like Taufua or Mansour. This is all my opinion so you can have yours but since he didn't offer anything that's why I'm calling it a bad performance.

That's fair enough, the word terrible or even bad just seemed over the top to me. Morris & Tupou deserve to get criticized too if we are talking about players doing nothing in the game.

That's fair enough, the word terrible or even bad just seemed over the top to me. Morris & Tupou deserve to get criticized too if we are talking about players doing nothing in the game.

Tupou didn't do anything the whole series, probably only stayed there due to B Morris and Hopoate getting injured.

QLD kicks on the last, ricochets off a NSW player = 6 to go.
NSW kicks on the last, ricochets off a QLD player = handover.

I don't know about anyone else but that'll do me. There were so many things the referees missed tonight that I could honestly say that specsavers need to be their sponsor or something!

That aside, the game was lost and the series is ours nonetheless. #oneinarow #nsw #hastagsaregayandnoonelikesthem.

Back