Tyson Frizell

Free Tyson.

Geez, that would be a massive boost for us (if we can afford it). That said, I hope Friz isn't pressing for a release and sticking by the Drags for this year. We've been in the same situation with Tapine (although he was treated quite differently once he signed with Canberra). Good to see players sticking with it, even when their team at the time is clearly a tyre fire.

I've been watching him closely the last few weeks. Geez he has been quite lazy both in offence and D. Losing the ball a fair bit too :/

Haven’t been watching Friz but if what’s being said then not happy, should be giving 100% plus no matter what, could we end up with a player happy to take the money but not put in, hard to believe when you think of his status as a player

Ok, let's all take a deep breath and calm down about Tyson for a moment. He's fine. Remember that he is in a badly beaten team, with no real help and his team constantly on the back foot. He would be absolutely exhausted with the quicker game due to the absolute dumpster fire that is the St George Illawarra Dragons. I know stats aren't everything, and can be misleading, HOWEVER I ran some quick numbers to try and relax a few people who are concerned about his production or "effort". I've picked 5 second rowers who are in my opinion, five of the better second rowers in the comp. Take a look at their per game numbers, for a quick read I've also given Tyson's rank amongst the five of them in brackets next to his stats.

Tyson Frizell
Games: 5 (T/1st)
Hitups: 12.6 (3rd)
Metres: 137.9 (3rd)
PCM: 38 (3rd)
Tackles: 34.8 (2nd)
Efficiency: 95.7% (1st)
Offloads: 1 (2nd)

David Fifita (An absolute Superstar as judged by almost everyone in the game, will almost certainly play Origin this year)
Games: 2
Hitups: 12
Metres: 152.5
PCM: 34
Tackles: 28.5
Efficiency: 93.8%
Offloads: 0

Ryan Matterson (Playing for a team that is undefeated and leads the comp, plenty of help around him)
Games: 5
Hitups: 15.2
Metres: 132.1
PCM: 42.6
Tackles: 36
Efficiency: 87.4%
Offloads: 3

Felise Kaufusi (Origin and Australian backrower)
Hitups: 9.8
Metres: 90.4
PCM: 35
Tackles: 32
Efficiency: 91%
Offloads: 0.2

Boyd Cordner (NSW and Australian Captain, back to back Premiership captain)
Games 2
Hitups: 14.5
Metres: 167.8
PCM: 70.5
Tackles: 23.5
Efficiency: 94.2%
Offloads: 0.5

Now, I don't know about you guys but he certainly holds up numbers wise from where I'm sitting. If that's him being lazy and not having a dig, I can't wait to see what he does surrounded by a good team and putting in. Hurry up and get here ASAP, Tyson!

Ok, let's all take a deep breath and calm down about Tyson for a moment. He's fine. Remember that he is in a badly beaten team, with no real help and his team constantly on the back foot. He would be absolutely exhausted with the quicker game due to the absolute dumpster fire that is the St George Illawarra Dragons. I know stats aren't everything, and can be misleading, HOWEVER I ran some quick numbers to try and relax a few people who are concerned about his production or "effort". I've picked 5 second rowers who are in my opinion, five of the better second rowers in the comp. Take a look at their per game numbers, for a quick read I've also given Tyson's rank amongst the five of them in brackets next to his stats.

Tyson Frizell
Games: 5 (T/1st)
Hitups: 12.6 (3rd)
Metres: 137.9 (3rd)
PCM: 38 (3rd)
Tackles: 34.8 (2nd)
Efficiency: 95.7% (1st)
Offloads: 1 (2nd)

David Fifita (An absolute Superstar as judged by almost everyone in the game, will almost certainly play Origin this year)
Games: 2
Hitups: 12
Metres: 152.5
PCM: 34
Tackles: 28.5
Efficiency: 93.8%
Offloads: 0

Ryan Matterson (Playing for a team that is undefeated and leads the comp, plenty of help around him)
Hitups: 15.2
Metres: 132.1
PCM: 42.6
Tackles: 36
Efficiency: 87.4%
Offloads: 3

Felise Kaufusi (Origin and Australian backrower)
Hitups: 9.8
Metres: 90.4
PCM: 35
Tackles: 32
Efficiency: 91%
Offloads: 0.2

Boyd Cordner (NSW and Australian Captain, back to back Premiership captain)
Games 2
Hitups: 14.5
Metres: 167.8
PCM: 70.5
Tackles: 23.5
Efficiency: 94.2%
Offloads: 0.5

Now, I don't know about you guys but he certainly holds up numbers wise from where I'm sitting. If that's him being lazy and not having a dig, I can't wait to see what he does surrounded by a good team and putting in. Hurry up and get here ASAP, Tyson!

He was running around on 1 leg for the last 15 minutes or so for the Dragons on the weekend but still kept turning up, particularly in the last 5 minutes when the Sharks were throwing everything at them...players can have an 'off' period but he's a bit like Guerra for mine - I don't think it is in his DNA to dog it once he crosses the chalk on to the playing field

He was running around on 1 leg for the last 15 minutes or so for the Dragons on the weekend but still kept turning up, particularly in the last 5 minutes when the Sharks were throwing everything at them...players can have an 'off' period but he's a bit like Guerra for mine - I don't think it is in his DNA to dog it once he crosses the chalk on to the playing field
Nah his just keeping himself fresh for the knights........:lol:. I guess I'm just looking too far into it. Everytime I seen him he looked uninterested, I always seen before he went looking for a hitup or edge run. Now it's only when the ball goes his side. He did however stay out there even on one leg and run himself to look like Guerra.

Nah his just keeping himself fresh for the knights........:lol:. I guess I'm just looking too far into it. Everytime I seen him he looked uninterested, I always seen before he went looking for a hitup or edge run. Now it's only when the ball goes his side. He did however stay out there even on one leg and run himself to look like Guerra.

Considering the kind of player he's been since he started I think we can give him a pass if he's playing uninterested in a team that he's leaving that also happens to be playing like a wooden spoon level team. He plays the game hard on both sides of the ball & I'm sure he'll come here to contribute rather than just for a check.

Considering the kind of player he's been since he started I think we can give him a pass if he's playing uninterested in a team that he's leaving that also happens to be playing like a wooden spoon level team. He plays the game hard on both sides of the ball & I'm sure he'll come here to contribute rather than just for a check.
For those with memories, he is playing in a team that has both Sims brothers in their roster...as a benchmark, remember how well they put in for the Knights:fist:...I'd say they dialled it in but I don't even think they could be bothered to press the numbers...unless it was the hash key?!

Reactions: R_A
I see James Graham has asked to leave the Dragons and they have said he can go if they can find a replacement.
If Josh King has a desire to earn a new contract he could do worse than ask to go to the Dragons. He'd get a game and a chance to earn another contract.

I don't see the Dragons even entertaining replacing Graham with King.

They would just laugh at us.

Back