Toohey's News

The only way he'll get more than 500k is if he has a fantastic year - and I hope he does.
I hope clubs are lining up to give him a million a year after he leads us to a premiership.

Sextgate....lols. I wonder if this is a decision both parties are best putting off for the time being. We get to see where he’s at, he gets to drive his price up (obvs if he’s backing himself). Based on last year and an apparent steady decline in influence I’d be happy for us to take the cash and look at 5/8 longer term if Clifford is our half. Lots of scenarios.

Funny how clubs always think they can be the ones to make a player better.

Offering Pearce anything right now would be ridiculous.

Most likely just paper talk.

I have to say if Pearce plays the whole season in the form he was in for the first 6 or 7 games last season, we win the comp with the rest of the personel we have .
The first 6 or 7 games he played last season were great and the biggest difference was his choice of play at any given time he was making all the right one's.
All of a sudden that went out the window and he was making the wrong choice therefor his plays weren't working. Hopefully this season we can keep our spine on the field Pearce and Green for a season would be nice Ponga, Brailey, Watson and Mann also for the season would also be nice .
I know Pearce wasn't great most of last season but Green , Brailey and Watson were all gone for the year that put a lot of pressure on Pearce.
With all those guys back and fit there will be a lot less pressure on Pearce and with all that talent around him i reckon were a chance IF they all stay healthy.
We have the forwards and backs to do the job as well but the best thing OBi Wan has done is now knowing that if you lose a player the guys coming in will do the job.

I agree Ethan, but being a contract year for Pearce the club should hold off finalising any extension until we see what he does on the field.

If Pearce is signed by another club in the mean time thats footy. Premierships arent won on ifs.

We don't owe Pearce anything.
Thats true we dont owe him anything but its whether you want him playing for you or against you i suppose .

Thats true we dont owe him anything but its whether you want him playing for you or against you i suppose .

At the moment, against is fine with me.

But im willing to give him a chance this year and see if he finds form.

30/1

Watson likely to start at 13.

Fitz likely to be on the bench.

Lee and Best locked in on the left.

Several players in contention for the right centre and wing. Tuala and Hunt are frontrunners. Tuala has added weight and been training well.

Tuala looks like he's bulked up quite a bit in the training photos, which should serve him well. Excited to see how he goes.

By the sounds of how they are stacking that left side (ponga, frizell, best, Lee), I'd say tuala won't be touching the ball a whole lot lol

Maybe, but a bit of size will be needed in defence. I think that right edge will be potent once Green is back and we can work both sides of the field with Ponga and Watson roaming.

I think Frizzel will probably play his preferred right side and Barnett will replace Fitz on the left - but they could go either way.

Still no Tooheys News. That’s 2 weeks now. Anyone know what’s happening with it?
He was struggling to find anything new for a few weeks before that.
It's just a slow news period.
This off season we have heard next to nothing about who is training strongly, other than a few mentions of To'a and Sasagi. O'Brien just doesn't like to make that public, so all we have is a few background stories not related to football and a few beat ups about "scandals".
Even injury news is very hard to come by.
The first trial is next week. We should hear something about that soon.

Reports that O'Brien is about to extend, heading off any potential interest from the storm

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reports that O'Brien is about to extend, heading off any potential interest from the storm

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Telegraph is saying O'Brien will re-sign with us despite being the Storm's preferred option to take over from Bellamy.

That is breathtakingly ridiculous.
If O'Brien is too stupid to take a deal to walk into the most successful franchise in the NRL, he is too stupid to coach the Knights. We should sack him immediately.
If he signs a long term deal for us, it either means the Storm aren't interested, or he has a get out clause if the Storm make him an offer.

Back