Toohey's News

Seems a lot are taking Sione playing 5/8 based on paper report, until it’s announced officially, IF it is, I will disregard it as purely what it is, paper talk.

If Sione playing 6 i would nearly say Browny believes

the Eels are coming straight up the guts today...A word

for Sione don't leave the GATE OPEN.

Last edited:
Offer hunt an extension with a small upgraded contract. Reportedly playing for bugger all really out of the cap. 2 year deal, injury cover and let our youth come through to see how they go. Moga not a certainty to have any impact at NRL level for us.

Dan, no doubt looking to sign with us and stay at the same club as Jacob, rather than split up.

Offer hunt an extension with a small upgraded contract. Reportedly playing for bugger all really out of the cap. 2 year deal, injury cover and let our youth come through to see how they go. Moga not a certainty to have any impact at NRL level for us.

Dan, no doubt looking to sign with us and stay at the same club as Jacob, rather than split up.
Agree with this although maybe instead of a 2year deal with a slight upgrade maybe a 1 year deal with a decent upgrade? I’d say Best will be ready for NRL sometime in the next 24 months

Agree with this although maybe instead of a 2year deal with a slight upgrade maybe a 1 year deal with a decent upgrade? I’d say Best will be ready for NRL sometime in the next 24 months
I'd say Best would be ready now except he's been injured at least half the time for the last 3 years. He goes hard and suffers a lot of injuries.

When I see what guys like Bird, Boyd, Gaigai make as ‘backs’ it makes me laugh to think what we are paying Hunt.

But to be fair the plan for Hunt probably wasn’t to be an immediate inclusion into our first grade side every week

not much in it today. But main peace is Knights are more then likely to fill the last spot with a current player eg Beau Fermor and bring Star Toa into a development spot rather then sign someone. Unless the right option comes along. But they dont want to spend much more then 100k.
Will mean we use the rest of the cash for upgrades!

Hubt will probably price himself out with the way he’s been playing. He deserves to be paid but not sure if it will be from us.

Id definitely offer Hunt a 1yr extension with maybe 50k extra.
Cant see Moga playing 15 games or more in the next 2yrs tbh, and id rather have a sound back up over a rookie in our team atm.
We cant carry rookies yet, got to many guys that aint capable or that load week after week.

Certainly would be ideal if we could flog Moga off to someone else and Keep Hunt for half the price.

not much in it today. But main peace is Knights are more then likely to fill the last spot with a current player eg Beau Fermor and bring Star Toa into a development spot rather then sign someone. Unless the right option comes along. But they dont want to spend much more then 100k.
Will mean we use the rest of the cash for upgrades!

Our roster is looking superb for the next 4-5 years.

When does Ponga get 1.1 a year?

Mate haven't you heard, he's not worth that sort of money according to some on here. We should just let him go if teams are gonna pay him that much, it's not like he's our best chance at a premiership in more than a decade.

sign him up to a Lolo type deal asap imo!
1.1 mil a year 10 yr contract and salary increases if the cap does! He would be worth every cent!

If we want to keep Ponga we should look at how Melbourne kept three potential immortals.

I’m guessing they all played for unders because they were in a successful team and happy team environment.

Anything over 4yr contracts is very risky imo.

Better to have players that want to stay.

Mate haven't you heard, he's not worth that sort of money according to some on here. We should just let him go if teams are gonna pay him that much, it's not like he's our best chance at a premiership in more than a decade.

Big difference between not worth it and letting him prove it first.

Is he worth more to the team over Pearce? Imo no, but is he worth as much? Yes.
So 900k 3yr upgrade would be my go to plan, he would be getting massive 3rd parties on top as well.

Back