Toohey's News

Think Hunt has been very good, would be in top 3 wing/centre at club along with Best and Lee which in my mind leaves Shibs, Tuala, Toa etc fighting for a spot. Sign him up
I think Hunt has been one of our best buys with Bang for your buck. Hasn't he only missed one game since coming here and then he was rested not injured or dropped .
IF Young is up to it at the start of the season 2 Lee 3 Best 4 Hunt 5 Young , I dont think they will put him in even if he is up to it . That would be a pretty good backline though 2 huge wingers and 2 powerful centre's .
I like Tuala but his last few games were not his best and Toa looks like he will be good too, Shibs Meh take him or leave him .

Hunt is solid, but I feel we need more from him bringing the ball out of our own end. I might be a harsh judge but but for me Hunt lacks in that area

Hunt is solid, but I feel we need more from him bringing the ball out of our own end. I might be a harsh judge but but for me Hunt lacks in that area
Your surely not serious? Go back and watch some of our games. Sometimes hunt was the only one willing to dig in the heels whilst pretty boy ponga falls into the defence.

5/12
O'Brien to be offered a long term deal before the season kicks off.
O'Meley joins the coaching ranks - will coach under 17s but have input for firstgrade.
Scott Dureau to coach under 19s with Adam Betteridge as assistant.
Andrew Ryan will coach reserve grade and have input for firstgrade.
That means we are back to having former firstgraders to coach all lower grades.
Addo-Carr is just using the Knights to up his asking price - the club has no interest.

Obi must be ok with what Peters brings. I think he only got three and a half minutes on attack per week last year, sounds like it will be a bit different this year.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

12/12
Talks with Best to extend his contract to start soon.
Old boys day moved to mid season Parra game.

A separate article looked at where we should improve next year. He makes the point that Brailey and Green played very little for us in 2020 and both are very big inclusions who should improve us a lot. Frizell is also mentioned as a big inclusion, and Sue gets a mention. Also talked about is the expected improvement of young players Tuala, Shibasaki, Jones, Hoy, Crossland, Saulo and To'a, but especially Best and the Saifiti's.

Last edited:
19/12
Star T'oa is going so well he might have to be included on the wing for round 1, which could mean Hunt to partner Best in the centres.
Pheonix Crossland had groin surgery. We knew he'd had surgery because there was a photo of him in hospital, and we knew he had a groin injury because he hasn't been kicking, but this is the first "official" confirmation.
Brayden Musgrove looks in line to get a spot if Clifford isn't coming.
Tuala is also training well, so with Best a certain starter at centre and To'a likely on the wing, the other centre spot is being fought over by Hunt, Tuala, Musgrove and Shibasaki.

Toohey also asks 6 questions the Knights need to answer next year -
Is Pearce in decline?
Can the Saifitis go to a new level?
Can we carry both Watson and Mann?
Will Hoy and Crossland secure their future?
Will Klemmer's origin snub turn out to be a blessing?
Who will partner Best in the centres?
No answers for any of those questions yet.

Last edited:
Both Mann and Watson are off contract this after this year? You would have to think its one or the other unless one of them miraculously locks down another starting spot.

Does Dan need to go to another level? He was already one of the best front rowers in the comp at stages last year, if anything I think they just need to work on consistency. If he does, I'll take take it. Jacob still has improvement in him im sure.

I think Hunt is a better centre than he is winger. He is more effective and runs a great line. At Wing he just hasn’t quite got enough pace, but still a solid winger.

I think either way there isn’t going to be a happy camper season and someone might want a release.

Tuala back to cows for Clifford?

Watson will need to stay healthy and really kill it this year. I think we’ll retain Mann ultimately though. He’s been healthier, is more versatile and is a bigger body.

I think Hoy and Crossland will both move on. Too many good players in front of them.

Watson and Mann are our leading utilities now, but Hoy, Crossland, Sasagi and even Jack Johns are all coming to get them by 2022.
In Mann's recent interview he said Sasagi has come a long way since last year and mentioned his ball handling in particular.

I really like Mann, and you can't not like Watson who tries his guts out, whatever you think of his skillset, but they are both fringe firstgraders and we have 4 young utilities breathing down their necks.

Back